What's Your Job?

diesel dan

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diesel Dan.......If ever you want a job email me. Alberta has a high demand for anyone with a mechanical background with the oil boom going on right now.

Does it rain in Canada? I could really do with getting away from this drought ridden Country!

BT Broadband engineer... i visit you homes, chat up the wife and drink your coffee :beer:

I heard it was the house husbands too :)

... i bet that was the singleton Barry that told you that :) he likes to deflect the suspicion....

Well there`s a good case of paranoya (sp?) Haven`t spoken too Atom for a while now :) Plus it was only the other day I was telling you I get a free sheep with my new house! who`s single now :thumbup:

Diesel Dan.......If ever you want a job email me. Alberta has a high demand for anyone with a mechanical background with the oil boom going on right now.

Does it rain in Canada? I could really do with getting away from this drought ridden Country!

LOL the main reason I didn't go back to the UK was I hate rain.

Does it rain in Canada......depends on where you go, on the coast the climate is kinda like the UK only hotter in the summer, Alberta it rains in the winter,just that it's cold enough that its white :thumbup:

If you don't mind the cold a bit then its great, Summer's are awesome here.

I am the engineering manager for a contract gas compression and compressor sales company. I must warn you if you view the website that there is a fair amount of Texan in the language used to describe our products.

Fluid Compressor

We offer liquid ring, rotary screw and reciprocating compressor packages. We power them with Chevy 3 liter, 5.7 liter, 8.1 liter gasoline engines (equipped to run on natural gas) and electric motors.

Pampa, Texas had the second largest trials club in the USA in the 70's an 80's. The Oil Bust in 1986 pretty much ended the era.

Ciao

DFW

Edited by dfwilson

Right then Bo Drinker, you inspired me to post finally after reading all these techy guys! I'm a journeyman carpenter(joiner in the UK). good timing it seems too, as there is a major shortage of skilled labour in this country right now and tradesman can almost name there own price. I served my apprenticeship and worked for the same company for 15 yrs in Vancouver building high end custom homes($1million- 20million mansions) I moved back to my home of Vancouver Island. I am now in my 5th yr of being self employed with my own company. I specialize in the finishing aspects of the building trade. Mostly stairs, custom handrail systems, mantels and all interior finishing. In the middle of a building boom where I live, business is good :thumbup:

Steve

Don't worry about the shortage of skilled labour here,heard blair was bringing in bus load's of cheap skilled worker's in from romania and bulgaria shortly,he said that will end all our worry's and LIVE'S. :beer:

Dont get me started on that one at this time of night with alcohol in me. I may not be responsible for my a

ctions, and besides I will want to use this computer tomorrow to look on here. :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Besides I dont have anywhere on the scaffolding to plug a computer in in the daytime.

Dont get me started on that one at this time of night with alcohol in me. I may not be responsible for my a

ctions, and besides I will want to use this computer tomorrow to look on here. :wall::wall::wall::wall:

Besides I dont have anywhere on the scaffolding to plug a computer in in the daytime.

sorry :hl: that one was waiting to be gagged :lol:

Spend most of my time trying to come up with fixes for problems that our engineers created in the auto industry.

Many vehicles now with a multitude of onboard computers and networks.

Spend many hours cursing software engineers.

Also handle mechanical problems within a group of 25 techs that I have to try and keep tabs on!

And then there are management duties such as CR, HR, and then of course everyone wants the payroll done on time for some reason!

Bloody Hell! I want to go ride! :wall:

Spend most of my time trying to come up with fixes for problems that our engineers created in the auto industry.

Spend many hours cursing software engineers.

Also handle mechanical problems within a group of 25 techs that I have to try and keep tabs on!

And then there are management duties such as CR, HR, and then of course everyone wants the payroll done on time for some reason!

Hey if I move to TX do you have any job openings?