What's Your Job?

diesel dan

Background is 20 odd years in machine design (Electrical & Mechanical) including robotics and automation.

Now I'm a Co-director of a medium sized Product Development & manufacturing company in the food & medical business sectors.

I basically run the development part and have a small team including development sales, Polymer scientists and 3D design engineering (Autodesk Inventor 11). We basically come up with new forms of packaging then I work out how to make it, then design the machines to make it, build them, then install them in my factory and make the products..

I would suspect that most of the British and mainland European contigent on here have come across one of our products in the last month or so :angry:

Here an example for those who maybe just a tiny wee bit interested :D

Machine designed in 3D

post-1163-1162122307.jpg

Actual machine built and being Installed

post-1163-1162122340.jpg

Website design and graphics are just stuff I do as a hobby :D

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then Bo Drinker, you inspired me to post finally after reading all these techy guys! I'm a journeyman carpenter(joiner in the UK). good timing it seems too, as there is a major shortage of skilled labour in this country right now and tradesman can almost name there own price. I served my apprenticeship and worked for the same company for 15 yrs in Vancouver building high end custom homes($1million- 20million mansions) I moved back to my home of Vancouver Island. I am now in my 5th yr of being self employed with my own company. I specialize in the finishing aspects of the building trade. Mostly stairs, custom handrail systems, mantels and all interior finishing. In the middle of a building boom where I live, business is good :angry:

Steve

Resource Analyst for a large telecoms Outsourcing company. To determine STAFF and space requirements for contact centres. To ensure shift patterns are aligned with demand. To ensure contact centres are resourced to the required level, whilst maintaining commercial viability. Basically analizing incoming and out going call traffic within one of several call centres, to make sure that we have enough staff on the correct shifts at the right time, planning staff going forward for up to 12 months in the future and producing forecasts. Not very interesting but it pays the bills. :thumbup: