Van Choice?...how Small Can You Go?

ticket2ride

Hey Guys:

Quick question - has anybody any experience of using a small van like a Peugeot Partner / VX Combi to transport a trials bike?

I'm looking at getting as small a van as possible to ship both a trials bike / DH mountain bikes around and in an ideal world one of the smaller vans would be choice...not to mention easier to find than Vito's etc....

unfortunately - I haven't got myself a trials bike yet and the van is coming first....so it could all be a bit of an expensive gamble!!!

Cheers,

I have a VW Caddy and I transport my trials bike in it, but I am sure a Partner or Berlingo would be okay. My Caddy is old shape X reg :wall: The Berlingo and Partner are the same thing, withh different badges I believe.

Edited by bo drinker

The Combi can take two bikes straight in. The Partner I have seen used but the bike's in at an angle(are there different length versions??).

I can say that I have seen the Old and New Combi, the Citroen Visa van(big box), the old Astravan Combi, VW Caddy's Old and new, the little Suzuki Carry's(small but long) with Trials bikes in them. Others might be worth a try but they would need to be checked for length.

Edited by Telecat

When I worked in the bike trade as a bike mechanic I went from Hereford to Newcastle upon Tyne to fetch a Honda CB900 (new) around 82/83 in a Mini pick up. They couldn't believe it when I turned up. Got lost on the way back ended up in Hull. Took my girlfriend with me for a day out and she's still with me today :wall:

I used to have a fiat scudo 2.0 jtd which is slightly bigger than a partner etc but still very car like to drive but has the advantage of carrying 3 bikes and kit without needing to remove anything and they have 3 seats in the front and side loading doors as well. Also look at peugeot expert and citroen dispatch which are the same van only with different badges :wall::wall:

i got a new fiat scudo 01/08/06. i have never being a fiat fan but this is superb for trials. i got mine from vans direct at cardiff. rung up for it friday and gave a deposit on my credit card and it turned up on the tuesday. my bike goes in perfect and it drives just like a car.