Underhand Dealer Tactics

Andy

Tony puts an awful lot back into trials, in this area of the uk he is one of the only dealers who is genuinly interested in trials if you want something a bit trick for your bike you see tony he even provides sponsorship for Sheffield arena without dealers like him trials will go down hill and be a lot less interesting and i think if people are put off using him they will be missing out :wacko:

He might do a lot for a lot of people but he doesn't think about his actions on this website, nor the consquenses!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they want to advertise on here be up front and honest about it the same way everyone else does, if not then they face the consequencies of that, especially after the warnings they have had.ncluded.

I've no idea how much it costs to advertise on TC but Sandifords, Shirty, YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE etc. have all decided that it's obviously worth the expense as they advertise each and every year.

We all know that the 'TC Supporters' bit only costs

I've no idea how much it costs to advertise on TC but Sandifords, Shirty, YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE etc. have all decided that it's obviously worth the expense as they advertise each and every year.

Advertising makes no difference. Caroline posts here regularly and you don't see her trying to sell. John Hulme post here regularly and you don't see him trying to sell. The forum rules are the forum rules and they apply to all. They're not in place on a whim. If they didn't exist we'd have all sorts trying to sell anything and everything.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I was pushed just a bit too far this time and voiced mine. Hopefully it will act as a deterrent to anybody else who reckons they can get away with it. They WILL get found out sooner or later.

Just out of interest - Who were the 2 members and what was thier usernames? Are they off TC now? Fully support Andy and his stance - if I ask a question, and get a reply - Buy a knocking shaft washer bolt off ABC bikes ltd GB, that will cure it - I hope it is not because the guy is trying to sell one.This site is a mine of great info -Lets keep it STRAIGHT

]My guess is that these guys have been having a good old laugh at us while they've been doing this, and i'd expect such as Sandifords to be taking a closer look at their suitability for selling their products- it wouldnt be before time, these guys cant even spell Montesa correctly on their own website. I'd suggest 'Tony' gets enrolled at nightschool instead of playing on the computer.

Advertising makes no difference. Caroline posts here regularly and you don't see her trying to sell. John Hulme post here regularly and you don't see him trying to sell. The forum rules are the forum rules and they apply to all. They're not in place on a whim. If they didn't exist we'd have all sorts trying to sell anything and everything.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. I was pushed just a bit too far this time and voiced mine. Hopefully it will act as a deterrent to anybody else who reckons they can get away with it. They WILL get found out sooner or later.

You shop and we'll drop-em. Or think of it as we are all on a safari hunt - your the spotter and TC members do the killing :wacko::) ....who's next?

We get enough sale's junk coming at us down the phone/letter box/computer/knock's on door's with wanting us to buy stuff we don't want,myself is getting the hump with false selling, this is no diffrent from what the company in question was trying.And free at that.It's nice to come on this site and ask other's for advice and being sent to the people that can supply me with what i want straight away without wasting a phone call to someone who's gonna try and sell me some thing i don't want or leave the contact detail's in the topic in the hope someone else will spot them.

One get's away with it other's will also try it on then we've got a site of junk splattered all over it.

Im sure if they paid enough they could of had there name in light's at the top.

RIGHT MOVE ANDY.

The more I think about this the more pi$$ed off I get about it, the unfortunate thing is it's indicative of society today. What ever happenned to fair play and honesty, why does life have to be about puting one over on somebody else...personally won't go to them again.... :wacko:

Edited by Slapshot 3

I have bought things off Tony in a hassel free and efficient method of working, he will give advice on any level free of any charge. He is a good bloke and a good dealer. Now i believe tony has gone about this the wrong way and should really of sponsered the site to get the recommendations given then by Andy. Everybody makes mistakes and there is no need to take your money else were as he is DEFINATELY one of the BEST dealers around.

ps. I do believe that this was handled properally by Andy, if a brand/dealer sponcers TC can we recommend

them?

cheers :wacko:

if a brand/dealer sponcers TC can we recommend

them?

cheers :)

I'm pretty sure you can recommend any brand or dealer whether they sponsor the site or not. Andy might chime in with a 'please support the sponsors' message but that's all...

E.g.

New dealer starts up and does a great job re: sales, service, back up etc.

Folk on here recommend the dealer.

Other folk buy from the dealer and mention TC.com

Dealer has a look at the site and asks "How much does advertising cost?

A deal is done or isn't done - everyone's happy anyway :wacko:

Forums can be a fantastic source of information, however in my opinion it's important that information is unbiased. Someone who makes a recommendation or points someone to a business when they have a vested interest in that business is not unbiased.

Personal recommendations are absolutely allowed - after all there is no better recommendation, but when the recommendation you're making is for your own company (plus you hide that fact) then you can expect the full wrath of Andy to come down on you! :)

Yes, Kinell is right in saying I would ask people to support those who support the site, but I would reiterate that sponsoring or advertising makes no odds to touting wares in forum posts. It's not allowed. Let's say it was. You post a topic saying you're looking for a mudguard for your bike for example. You'd have every dealer out there hovering waiting to pounce with dozens of replies, PM's and emails all saying "Call me" or "Email me". It just wouldn't work, would be a waste of Trials Central resources, annoy people and clog up the forums to the point they became unusable. The rule is there for the good of all. :wacko:

Forums can be a fantastic source of information, however in my opinion it's important that information is unbiased. Someone who makes a recommendation or points someone to a business when they have a vested interest in that business is not unbiased.

Personal recommendations are absolutely allowed - after all there is no better recommendation, but when the recommendation you're making is for your own company (plus you hide that fact) then you can expect the full wrath of Andy to come down on you! :)

Yes, Kinell is right in saying I would ask people to support those who support the site, but I would reiterate that sponsoring or advertising makes no odds to touting wares in forum posts. It's not allowed. Let's say it was. You post a topic saying you're looking for a mudguard for your bike for example. You'd have every dealer out there hovering waiting to pounce with dozens of replies, PM's and emails all saying "Call me" or "Email me". It just wouldn't work, would be a waste of Trials Central resources, annoy people and clog up the forums to the point they became unusable. The rule is there for the good of all. :wacko:

seems fair enough Andy, Cheers for the reply :)