The Difference Between English And American Women

jaylael

Some of us are desperately curious to know what those gals are all about on the other side of the pond. I know the obvious difference is the way they talk, but are they really more discerning and demanding of their men? I read a bit about the subject and one American woman said that American men are "substandard, chauvanistic rejects who live in trailer houses and scratch themselves", and that they "have no redeeming qualities". She said that "no self respecting English woman would have anything to do with an American man". Now I have observed that American women are usually very interested in English men. They hear them talk and go all wobbly. I wonder what happens to English women when they hear an American man talking. Do they find us charming or simply boorish louts? Feel free to make semi crude jokes as I know you will.

Edited by JayLael

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay:

Interesting topic my old friend. I hate to be the one to correct you on one point though. I believe the myth about American women buckling at the knees when hearing and Englishman talk, is actually reserved for us Canucks, who are in fact all transplanted Scots, Englishman and Welshman!! :D That is all, continue with your discussion now!

Steve

Edited by Steve Fracy

I haven't seen the lasses get weak in the knees when someone says "aboot". :D I have seen them melt like butter in the hot sun when Ishy gives them the yorkeshire lingo though. I realize blanket statements are ridiculous and usually untrue, but I just wanted a little bit of light hearted banter. God knows no one can figure out women, english or otherwise eh? Just like all American men don't live in trailer houses and look like they should be on Jerry Springer. It takes all kinds. I for one am a complete fool for a woman with an english accent. Wish I knew one.

Begs the question what is an English accent? Are we talking BBC newsreader or ASBO chavette?

I must admit, listening to the soft dulcet tones of Joanna Lumley certainly does it for me :rotfl: American women's accents just don't have it I'm afraid :D

Lumley.jpg

Begs the question what is an English accent? Are we talking BBC newsreader or ASBO chavette?

I must admit, listening to the soft dulcet tones of Joanna Lumley certainly does it for me :thumbup: American women's accents just don't have it I'm afraid :shutup:

Lumley.jpg

Tottie by age group Ian ?............. :rotfl:

I think Steve has it sorted, It's the deep Scots accent that does it :D

On one of several trips to the US I was chatting to an American lady when she commented on my English accent and said that she wished she had an accent. Priceless, I pointed out that she had, an American one but she couldn't grasp the concept. :D

I think Steve has it sorted, It's the deep Scots accent that does it :D

Western Isles does it for me. A lass from Harris or Lewis - that sorta region :rotfl:

Your getting a bit fussy aren't you?

I could have sworn you would have gone for the ASBO Chavette, Kappa Slappa.

I could have sworn you would have gone for the ASBO Chavette, Kappa Slappa.

Is that not a Vauxhall Chevette :rotfl:

Actually I hate to say this because that Begger Fracy's ego will swell beyond all redemption. In our years around Ice Hockey we have come into contact with many Canadians and that's what gets Mrs Slapshot going, a Canuck drawl, especially a western canadian accent... :D

Edited by Slapshot 3

In our years around Ice Hockey we have come into contact with many Canadians and that's what gets Mrs Slapshot going, a Canuck drawl, especially a western canadian accent... :D

Get many Canucks in Mills & Boon books then? :rotfl:

In our years around Ice Hockey we have come into contact with many Canadians and that's what gets Mrs Slapshot going, a Canuck drawl, especially a western canadian accent... :D

Get many Canucks in Mills & Boon books then? :rotfl:

Don't know mate, never read them....do tell

Edited by Slapshot 3