The Tough One - 2008

atomant

I considered having a go at the trials race, but thankfully I thought better of it. I'd have a go if there were a few more of my kinda fat bloke fally offy riders :wacko:

What other improvements would you look at?

The fattest guy i see riding a trials bike, and this is a conservative guess looked to be a good 25stone. the bikes suspension had bearly any travel and he was sweating buckets and only done half a lap on a 3 mile course. are you fatter than that? :bouncy: ....no disrespect off course. i'n 14.5 stone and 6 foot

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I considered having a go at the trials race, but thankfully I thought better of it. I'd have a go if there were a few more of my kinda fat bloke fally offy riders :wacko:

Having said that I would have killed my bike over the full race period.

My KTM I decided was a little bit chunky even for the clubman race.

I've not seen the Scorpa T ride in the flesh, but when I think of the bike I'd like to do the Tough One on, this is it:

Wasn't joe Baker on one of those?

Wasn't joe Baker on one of those?

Well it did say that in the program, but I was looking out for No. 26, just to see what the T Ride looked like in the flesh, but I didn't spot him. I reckon he was either a no-show, or retired very early.

Anybody know?

Having said that I would have killed my bike over the full race period.

My KTM I decided was a little bit chunky even for the clubman race.

I've not seen the Scorpa T ride in the flesh, but when I think of the bike I'd like to do the Tough One on, this is it:

The obvious ones would be gearing and power delivery. Suspension stroke and performance tuned. Fuel capacity. Ground clearance. Strength

The obvious ones would be gearing and power delivery. Suspension stroke and performance tuned. Fuel capacity. Ground clearance. Strength

Come on Atom, put some detail to it :wacko:

I don't know much about the Scorpa yet, but 340mm ground clearance doesn't seem too bad, got to be some compromise between ground clearance and seat height? Comparing it to something like the KTM 250, you've lost 45mm ground clearance, yet they've got the seat height 75mm lower.

7 litre fuel tank isn't too tight for a hybrid, the KTM is only about 9 litres, but maybe they could grow that a little?

What's surprised me a little is they've only managed to shave 5Kg off the KTM weight. I would have thought they could get a hybrid bike much nearer to 85Kg (the Scorpa is 95Kg, the KTM is 100Kg)

Guessing a bit saying they need to develop suspension when we haven't seen what they've done with it yet?

Strength? Is it a problem? Dunno? I've not killed my bike yet, hammered it pretty well, you seemed to break yourself more than your bike too :bouncy:

Come on Atom - gimme some detail (not too much though ;))

I thought they might have put 6 gears on her, but I'm sure the experts on here may put me straight on that one. That was one thing that I thought more of the enduro guys might have done for the Tough One, shoved a big sprocket on the back, to give them a little more subtlety on the slow stuff.

Edited by bikespace

its one thing to do indoor enduros and outdoor 2/3hr extreme enduros, but comparing that to "proper" 2day (or even 4 or 6 day) enduros (ie BEC/WEC) with road work (wales), or 6 hours of slot riding (Breckalnd/Muntjac) or woops (natterjack), etc then the advantage of a trials bike goes

that said i have great fun marshalling / CofC'ing enduros on my trials bike

Gaz, I started writing a reply to this then thought! B******s, I can't be a***d ! :rolleyes:

Oh well thanks for taking the time to at least say B******s.

You make the effort for Dabster - do I have to slag you off to get your attention ya big Ginger Whinger :unsure:

Lots of Love

Baldy B****rd

Oh well thanks for taking the time to at least say B******s.

You make the effort for Dabster - do I have to slag you off to get your attention ya big Ginger Whinger :unsure:

Lots of Love

Baldy B****rd

Ahh, but you just pretend to be a **** :rolleyes: