A Message From John Cleese

kinell

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cope, SHHHHH!

The Mini Cooper is made in Spartanburg SC by BMW (I think).

That's one of the German cars Cleese is bragging about I guess.

Wrong answer mate, the Mini Cooper is built in England. Nice little car too.

Gee, that makes me want to run out and get one of them fine French made things!

When pigs fly! :)

Here's one of those more common 'fine French made things' Clicky Here

Here's a TG review of a classic American marque Cadillac CTS

See, in Europe we have corners. Quite a lot of them. Our cars need to go round them you see. And preferably in control :)

I usually have one or two of these sitting around the shop needing a good test drive. Cannot go 400kph like the Bugger car, but you can buy one for each day of the week as compared to it. Settling for a mere 300kph plus is OK when you get old like me!

Although I should add that even 500horses and 525 ft/lb of torque does not get me going like it used to. Speed is not everything! With the big diesel truck you get spoiled as you can go from mild(325hp/600ft/lb) to wild(450hp/890ft/lb) depending upon how much smoke you want to make that day. Just dial in the magic box!

One of them little boxy euro cars would never do!

Edited by copemech

I usually have one or two of these sitting around the shop needing a good test drive. Cannot go 400kph like the Bugger car, but you can buy one for each day of the week as compared to it. Settling for a mere 300kph plus is OK when you get old like me!

Although I should add that even 500horses and 525 ft/lb of torque does not get me going like it used to. Speed is not everything! With the big diesel truck you get spoiled as you can go from mild(325hp/600ft/lb) to wild(450hp/890ft/lb) depending upon how much smoke you want to make that day. Just dial in the magic box!

One of them little boxy euro cars would never do!

Typical amercian sterotypical response :P Give me a car with Horsepower! Big horsepower and that is all that matters. pffffff

You dont get a kick out of it because in European terms .. that car is S-L-O-WWwWwWwwW.

Here's a British built car (with a Honda engine) that has just 300hp and will absolutely pi$$ all over that viper. Its called... The Ariel Atom

And just watch this vid for the proof

I have just bought one of these Audi S5 - See how it goes round corners :rotfl: ( and it's not even as good as an R8 ) - The Bang & Olufsen sound system is pretty good as well ;)

Vorch Sprung Dorch Technik !

I find it disappointing that you chaps can't agree with what the great comic messiah ( well he has the right initials) has said about all this and anyway I think you are all missing a vital point here - you really all just want to be Scots ........ :rotfl:;)

I find it disappointing that you chaps can't agree with what the great comic messiah ( well he has the right initials) has said about all this and anyway I think you are all missing a vital point here - you really all just want to be Scots ........ :rotfl:;)

Being English, I've had enough of paying for the Scots , never mind being one ! :P

Despite the differences in sport between the US and the rest of the world, it's good to know that one of the most ancient of pastimes still unites us. Fishing is the same the world over right?

Whether in China, France, Britain or the good old US of A it's one sport that we could all sit on the same river bank like civilised human beings.

Family fishing trip

Despite the differences in sport between the US and the rest of the world, it's good to know that one of the most ancient of pastimes still unites us. Fishing is the same the world over right?

Whether in China, France, Britain or the good old US of A it's one sport that we could all sit on the same river bank like civilised human beings.

Family fishing trip

Yes, reminds me of when we used catch sticklebacks by hand in our local pond??!!!?? :rotfl:

Yup,everythings bigger in America.