Bikes In The Spanish Classic First Round.

greeves

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the bike's Greeves.Did you win the Trial on that old Bird of your's. :rotfl:

Hi Steve: I was 6th in green category, 12 sections 2 laps and a trial short of time, so I had to rush in the second lap without checking the sections. 2 silly fiascos in the second lap took me there. The bike is FANTASTIC.

Hi Steve: I was 6th in green category, 12 sections 2 laps and a trial short of time, so I had to rush in the second lap without checking the sections. 2 silly fiascos in the second lap took me there. The bike is FANTASTIC.

Well done Javier.Stop the talking on the way around and your come home first next time.Are you going to ride her at robregordo,silly question from me i expect.

That Motobecane will be at Kinlochleven in May, have a look at it there! :rotfl:

Big John

Thanks John - I'd love to ! Senior management suggested I post up all the functions / dates for 08 over the w/e. There is so much to do I dont think I'll make it out of the South West this year.(Apart from a scratch around the South of France in August with 'er and the kids in early August.)

I wonder if modern bikes also take part in Spanish classic events? They do here in the UK, and not sure that this is really a good idea, as it seems to make it very difficult to mark suitable sections for all riders.

No majestyman340, no modern bikes in the Spanish Classic Champ. There are 4 categories at the moment Master (Red) extremely tough, pilots like Gomez (125cc. world champ.) and some other very good pilots race here, just think Gomez did not win in Mallorca.

Expert (blue) tough, Trialeros (green) and Clasicos (Yellow) being this last the easy one. Inside green, the most popular, you can choose Pre-72, Pre-77 or Twinshock. There are some technical restrictions in the Pre categories, for example you must use the original engine, carburettor, original hubs, yokes, frame.....

You can choose your level, but to descend to a lower level you need the permit of the Federation (they will give it depending of your last results).

To mark sections with 4 different levels inside is not easy, so trials must be done in places where there is a lot of place where to choose. In Mallorca we raced arround a 100 pilots, and it is the less popular race (but the trial is so good!!!), as almost all the pilots need to send the bike there and travel to an island. Normally we race 150, 200 pilots like in Robregordo.

You can have a look to our classic champ. in www.sotobikesport.com

Edited by Greeves

Guest majestyman340
No majestyman340, no modern bikes in the Spanish Classic Champ. There are 4 categories at the moment Master (Red) extremely tough, pilots like Gomez (125cc. world champ.) and some other very good pilots race here, just think Gomez did not win in Mallorca.

Expert (blue) tough, Trialeros (green) and Clasicos (Yellow) being this last the easy one. Inside green, the most popular, you can choose Pre-72, Pre-77 or Twinshock. There are some technical restrictions in the Pre categories, for example you must use the original engine, carburettor, original hubs, yokes, frame.....

You can choose your level, but to descend to a lower level you need the permit of the Federation (they will give it depending of your last results).

To mark sections with 4 different levels inside is not easy, so trials must be done in places where there is a lot of place where to choose. In Mallorca we raced arround a 100 pilots, and it is the less popular race (but the trial is so good!!!), as almost all the pilots need to send the bike there and travel to an island. Normally we race 150, 200 pilots like in Robregordo.

You can have a look to our classic champ. in www.sotobikesport.com

That sounds just about spot on................here in the UK the fact that the "Classic" championship is mainly intended for older riders on modern bikes, means its pretty much impossible to organise events along the same sort of lines as you seem to have in Spain.

• 3 weeks later...

• 8 months later...