Not Happy With Beta

razor

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't say how old the bike is or how much work its done.

its a 2004... its not done a lot

but, it should not matter how much it has done, you dont get these problems with the other bikes

..... :thumbup: It could have been any bike, not just a beta ... these take a bit of maint from time to time, u've just been unlucky, nowt te de wi beta

To be fair, the stator plate is an often discussed problem with Beta's on this site.

Yes, I'd discourage people from buying a Beta.

I'd just had mine a few weeks when I had to spend time/effort replacing the inner clutch housing because of corrosion. My stator hasn't gone yet but it probably will.

Next bike will be a Scorpa.

Interesting that there are 83 Beta's entered for the Scottish next month - more than any other brand

and more than any other year. - Obviously not everybody agrees with some of the comments on here.

There are are 62 Monts,47 Gassers, 36 Shercos, and34 Scorpas entered for this event, often referred to as the toughest test of man and machine.

Interesting that there are 83 Beta's entered for the Scottish next month - more than any other brand

and more than any other year. - Obviously not everybody agrees with some of the comments on here.

There are are 62 Monts,47 Gassers, 36 Shercos, and34 Scorpas entered for this event, often referred to as the toughest test of man and machine.

I always count the bike brands up each year - no reason, just out of interest I suppose.

The last few years have seen more and more Beta's turn up each May, Beta and John Lampkin Imports are obviously doing something right :thumbup:

Wow, just interesting to listen to complaints from a few owners that think the grass is greener across the road. Must be a moisture related problems as almost all complaints are from the UK. All bikes have thier own problems , but as stated before the numbers in the scottish speak for themselves. I`ve only ridden Beta`s since `89 and never had an electrical fault. Leaky carb yes, but also never had to split the cases either! I`d look into the advice of notched stator covers and or vented breathers as used in `vintage` bikes.

I always count the bike brands up each year - no reason, just out of interest I suppose.

The last few years have seen more and more Beta's turn up each May, Beta and John Lampkin Imports are obviously doing something right :thumbup:

Compare to the finish numbers? :D

Compare to the finish numbers? :thumbup:

I think the Beta is popular as apart from electrics they dont give a lot of trouble plus the electrics are easy enough for most people to change themselves.

All the bikes have problems, in the last week we have people asking for advice on changing sherco main bearings, why the fan isnt working on their scorpa and how to fix the clutch and gearbox on a gas gas.

The Beta has problems but it sells because its the cheapest ! at the start of the year a sherco was about

3 and a half K is nowt for what you get. and 200 to repair . its peanuts.

replacing that corroded inner cluth housing 43 quid and two hours diy hardly a lifetime wasted..

take something 4 years old throw it at rocks, down streams, into muddy morasses abuse the heck out of it 40 times each sunday and it only costs 200 quid to repair once in a month of sundays BARGAIN

any marque can need repairs the common faults are readily available if you look on here or elsewhere. Betas are second to none ( as the ssdt figs prove) the back up from gary in silsden is first class THE BIKE RIDES GREAT FOR WORLD CHAMPS TO WORLD CHUMPS