Multi Bike?

wizardofos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OK all this nudge nudge wink wink stuff is silly.

Name and shame if the offence is that bad or just accept it.

It's a month ago now so hardly seems as if it's a problem or something would have been done about it.

Therefore we have to assume nobody with any clout actually gives a toss ?

True against the rules spirit whatever but why now after all this time?

Repeat name and shame or accept it.

OTF,

WRONG!,

I happen to be the current SACU Trials Committee Chairman and believe me, I am certainly not impressed by this occurence, to say it was unsporting act is an understatement!

The SACU Trials committee will be looking at our stewards report on the SSDT with interest, I am certain that our two stewards are aware of the situation. Two of our current committee are also SSDT Assistant Clerks of the Course.

The SSDT as you probably know comes under the SACU jurisdiction and we are the particular permit issuing authority. There was also an ACU steward attending the event.

Finally, I hope like others on this forum, that the rider in question sees the errors of his ways sooner rather than later and takes appropriate action!

Big John

Edited by Big John

I know exactly who the rider was, but I am not prepared to spill the beans on here. I even approached the "guilty party" and asked if he had any problems with the bike during the week with such a serious and direct look right into his eyes that probably left him in no doubt that I knew exactly what had gone on! I knew what had happened during the morning the trial went through Piper's Burn!

I am absolutely disgusted that the rider in question did not do the honorable act of retiring, as he knew damn fine that he had been rumbled by observers during the trial.

I did not ever contemplate that a rider of such standing in the trials community was capable of denying another rider an award by swapping bikes.

The said rider should at least return any silverware immediately to the Edinburgh & District Motor Club with a suitable apology and "fall on his sword" sooner rather than later, to put the record straight without delay!!!!

Big John

(bitterly disappointed)

Geez, many have done it, I have personaly rode down the road with a knackered bike and out of the event, and seen the winner of the event taking delivery of a fresh bike, yes the lad made a dumb move, but if he was able to change the bike for the same type I doub't it would ever of been mentioned.

I have even heared mention of a rider complaining about this incident, and I saw the very rider who complained start a day on a red bike and end the day on a blue bugger, if your going to get after one, then you need to get after them all and check the bikes every day out on the course.

bullropebill,

I know that there can and no doubt always will be, a degree of cheating at any sporting event, the matter is crystalised when....you get caught!

The rider was rumbled on this occasion, but not in time to exclude him before the results had been printed. Remember any published results are "provisional" and subject to "official confirmation"

Such an issue has happened before, I know because I personally saw a factory bike without the engine blob of paint in place at Fersit a couple of years ago. A certain observer who posts on here was detailed to follow the said factory supported rider but lost him as the factory guy rode so quick. The next day after a discussion with the chief machine examiner saw the factory guy "retire".

Rumbled = Games up = go home, but certainly don't proport to be a finisher!

Big John

OK all this nudge nudge wink wink stuff is silly.

Name and shame if the offence is that bad or just accept it.

It's a month ago now so hardly seems as if it's a problem or something would have been done about it.

True against the rules spirit whatever but why now after all this time?

Repeat name and shame or accept it.

Hello, I was at the SSDT and know all about this even if I was only there as a spectator. Ive spent many a happy week at the SSDT over thirty plus years and seen it all, but this is not on. Its not on that he gets off with cheating when i've watched so many blokes and girls try so hard to finish. I remember saying to my wife - wasn't he on a 4-stroke yesterday? when he was clearly on a 2-stroke

I thought maybe I'd gotten confused, but my SSDT booklet said 4-stroke and he was definately on a 2-stroke then later in the week he was back on 4-stroke.

I dont know why people are covering for him as he does not deserve any respect any more. It was rider No 78 Phil Alderson

He is a SSDT cheat and has no right to his finishers award. Not when you see so many who really try and try to get round and get there award without resorting to cheating. I used to respect him but he should never get another entry and give his award back.

I can add three more names who I will swear to doing the same thing, should they return thier awards and be banned also, bet there are many others who have been seen by posters on TC that can name a good few more, hell we may be able to get the numbers banned, down enough to avoid a ballot next year.

Well that SSDT turning into a bit of a joke, fellow with the most bikes wins.

Not the case. Absolutely not the case. The problem we had is that nobody reported it to us until Friday, when the incident happened on the Wednesday. By that time the offender was back on his original bike - he was watched closely for the rest of the trial, but without being told in time to catch him in the act, we couldn't prove anything in time to exclude him from awards listings.

The club take cheating very seriously - we know it goes on year after year, but with only a handful of officials, there's only so many pass checks and bike checks that we can do. I'm not going into all that again, it's old ground and I've discussed it on these forums already this year, but suffice to say if we had more volunteers we could do a lot more to tighten up these things....so if you've got spare time in May, you know where to come! :banana2:

With todays bikes being designed more for riding sections than long endurance type of events, and the shortage of man power to police the entry to make sure they stick with the same bike all week, is it time for a rule change ?.

Some can and do get away with changing, probably because they have enough sense to use the same type and colour machine as they entered on, as a club rider I know what some of the top riders are up too, but also know if they are on the dodge it isn't going to have much affect on my results and fun for the week.

OK so we now know who the "guy who got caught" is.

Wonder what T&MX will say if anything?

Wonder what the competitors at the next Trial he enters will say?

Wonder what the ACU will say or do?

Perhaps his ACU licence should be withdrawn for the rest of the year as a penalty?

Whatever. I would just like to take the opportunity to appologise to Big John, Highland Lassie and any other of the SSDT organisers who may have been offended by my comment of "not giving a toss" perhaps i as just trying to tempt somebody to name the culprit and get all the nudge nudge wink wink stuff out of the way. :thumbup:

Seriously i didnt mean to offend BJ or HL i hope BJ at least knows me better than that :banana2:

Edited by Old trials fanatic

I'm pretty thick-skinned anyway!

Now that a poster/member of TC has "outed" the offending rider, may I humbly suggest it would be very wise to set the matter straight by doing the decent thing by returning the silverware to the Edinburgh & District Club with a suitable letter of apology!

From what I hear, right now there is quite a few people in the sport talking about this matter and the only way to deal with such issues is to correct it!

If I were in such a position, I would be very concerned about my good name...

The matter now rests with the competitor...balls in his court

Big John