Restoration (phase 1) Complete!

rogerroger

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine what is left to do in stage 2

Hi Graham

Forks re-plated, kevlar klutch plates, new cam chain, OKO carb(?), better mudguards, alloy airbox, titanium spindles...

Will you be getting it dirty at the Yennards this weekend

Hi Gary

Either the green route at ESTC or the Peak Classic trial the following weekend. Nor sure which yet - the rocks at the Yennards scare me and that petrol tank!

Roger

Just thought I would show off the fruits of my labour for the last couple of months. Now to get it dirty!

post-2036-1228826003.jpg

post-2036-1228826034.jpg

hi there are they the original front forks they look like my tl ones but not the same as my old seele

y had on it . and are they any good

Edited by zarkoff

Roger , bike looks good , that exhaust i made for you looks pretty cool eh, :guinness::) and did you like the RSC stickers i made for you? can you get me a seat pad like yours please. :o:banana2::banana2: Roger did you fit an OKO carb as the one on photo looks original rs item?

Edited by honda pants

Thanks, schweizmeister. It will be better than me (not hard!). Engine is stroked to 230cc (I think) and plonks nicely!

Zarkoff,

Forks are standard RS200 and similar (same?) as TL - they are not fantastic, but are on my list of things to sort for Phase 2. Seeley forks are Marzocchi, same as a 200 Fantic (and never look right on a Honda, IMHO).

HondaPants,

You are shameless! Exhaust sounds great, and the RSC stickers make all the difference, I think. Many thanks for your help.

Seat pad was cut out of some thick foam with a modified jig-saw (ground the teeth off a blade - works a treat). I will see what I can do. OKO carb is on the phase 2 list, too.

Roger

Seat pad was cut out of some thick foam with a modified jig-saw (ground the teeth off a blade - works a treat). I will see what I can do. OKO carb is on the phase 2 list, too.

Roger

You can buy blades from screwfix with no teeth to cut similar materials. (its a sharp wavy blade)

Thanks, schweizmeister. It will be better than me (not hard!). Engine is stroked to 230cc (I think) and plonks nicely!

Zarkoff,

Forks are standard RS200 and similar (same?) as TL - they are not fantastic, but are on my list of things to sort for Phase 2. Seeley forks are Marzocchi, same as a 200 Fantic (and never look right on a Honda, IMHO).

HondaPants,

You are shameless! Exhaust sounds great, and the RSC stickers make all the difference, I think. Many thanks for your help.

Roger

Roger, I would think about the carb , My RS runs a treat on the standard carb and i dont think you would gain much from a new one.

We held our Trial last Sunday and we had SEVEN Seeleys and TWO RS's not bad eh, and in fact a Seeley rider won the trial on TWO marks lost!!!!!!!!!!