Sheffield Indoor

tucker

Guest tobeee

Excellent event, though the big screen was completely pointless! It showed just the scores during the qualifying lap, and then the Eurosport footage partly obscured by the scores for the final! Why couldn't they use the enormous ceiling mounted screen for the scores? Also, the lighting was a bit boring - the whole stadium lit up rather than showy spotlights on the sections, which would have helped the somewhat muted atmosphere. Really disappointed for Dougie, as he was well on his way to victory, but he took it in his usual good grace with a smile and a wave when he stopped in the last sectoin. True sportsman.

Thought the ridin was awsome as usual and sections really good, but the intro was appauling. They had some american countdown thing which i think they were trying to replicate an american boxing match. If that didnt get you going there was then a 25 sec delay where nothing happened and you sat in dark. The usual laser spectacular was replaced by a bunch of spotlight men that looked like they were on acid and a dull intro of riders coming in to the arena in cars with hardly any crowd particiaption at all. It was lifeless till the riders started. Just disapointed with that.I know the credit crunch is biting but i hope to be enetertained better next year. What did anyone else think? Riding made up for it big time though.Loved it, bou was being challenged right till end which had everyone on their seats, browny gave his all and it will come to him with time, and doug was the big surprise which was what got the crowd geered up so all in all great entertainment from the riders.

Agree got off to a flat start and the lighting wasn't as good as last year especially when riding the sections but did pick up as Dougie got going. The big screen use was terrible - just showing the scores during qualifying and then obscuring a quarter of the picture during the final with the scores - they should have just had full picture coverage of the riding on the screen throughout and put the scores on the high central score board then we could have seen the parts of the sections that were obscured from view.

The riding and the sections however were absolutely unbelievable- overall a good night and good to see Bou pushed and Dougie going well.Browny rode better than his score suggests as well so hopefull he will be in the mix when he gains some more experience.

Jim

I think I've blocked the cars and the countdown out .......must be some sort of post traumatic reponse......

Edited by jimw

Same experience here really, the intro was a bit rubbish, but the riding more than made up for it. TBH though I arent really fussed about all that, it was just great to see Dougie riding so well. Bou was undelevable at times though! I thought it was funny how the commentators couldnt really get the crowd geared up but as soon as the riding started everyone got well into it - sort of shows that most people were more bothered about the riding!

Edited by mikey_boy

Same opinion here. The riding was awesome and the atmosphere was so electric when doug was in the sections. Was great to see everyone cheering and supporting him so well. Shame about the entrance of the riders on the cars though. Boring and naff. Where were the wheelies and showing off on the bikes for an entrance...thats what everyone wanted to see.

Totally agree about the entrance and event kick-off. Far better when they did a bit of showboating on the bikes.

The big screen was used for scores because the central suspended socreboard was broken and apparently the Arena had no dosh to get it fixed! You'll note they did change things part way through the qualifying so action was being shown on the big screen along with the scores.

The white light was used because of the TV cameras.

Bringing live TV into things was a potential recipe for disaster, but overall I thought it went very well :thumbup:

Apart from the entrance of the riders the night was brilliant. Excellent riding from all of them. Browny rode exceptionally well considering his lack of indoor experience. Dougie was pulling some excellent rides out of the hat too, shame he ended fourth but a well deserved fourth at that!

The big screen was good, could of worked the scores and time better but everyone learns from their mistakes. I didn't really look at the screen that much but i did appreciated it, especially when they ride the sections on the other side of the arena. I haven't seen the Eurosport coverage yet but will do this week, by all accounts it was good so i'm looking forward to the rest of the season. It's excellent that we are gettin live coverage of our sport now, it's about time!!