Which 4 Stroke Trials Bike To Buy

milfy

Buy a scorpa 250f just ride it with no issues and has loads of power and revs like a beast, and has awesome suspension!!!

The 4rt has got a junk sump gaurd footpegs and hangers, so you have to change them and they foul/eat plugs and you have to let them warm up until the fan kicks in before you can ride off, but they look cool and ride well.

I've heard that some of the sherco 3.2 4 strokes are still having some hot start issues, nice bike though and the lightest 4t.

Have'nt heard anything bad about the newer rev4's apart from it's grief to check the valve gaps.

Try and get some rides on the bikes.

Edited by hop blip and a jump

If you want to have fun - then buy the Sherco - they have fantastic power but are light and in spite of what some people say - the 08 was easy to start hot or cold - you just have to learn the 4 stroke technique. - While the Honda and Beta are both very well built machines - the 08's were only 250 and a bit underpowered - Going to the bigger bore - ie around 300cc is similar to a 250cc two stroke - As somebody suggested the best thing to do is try and get a ride on them all.

As "sectiononecleaned" says - Its a no brainer - Mont. Best build, Best Performance, best service, Unbeatable quality -

I would have to agree. I had a 315r and thought the Honda build quality was fantastic overall and was nervous about getting a 4RT because "oh God, how o I ride a 4 stroke ??", but after a few rides you quickly learn what the different techniques you need are.

One point missed in the above quote is - RELIABILITY. If you want a bike that you don't have to spend hours fettling just to keep it running, get a 4RT. They're easy to work on, built like the proverbial brick privvy and really put a smile on your face when you ride it. Okay... so its not the lightest 4 stroke, but you can't have everything!

As all the others have said - get out and ride them all before picking one and parting with your hard earned cash

I have just got off an 07 Rev3 270 Beta and onto an 08 Rev4T 250cc. I'm more than happy with it. I think the Beta is very well made and finished. No issues and is reliable. It is a hell of a lot cheeper than the mont perhaps the fuel injection is worth something but i have found the Carb on the Beta just fine. It is simple to work on but you do have to tilt the engine forward to get to the valves. To be honest i noticed the extra 3kg right away... but after 30minutes riding i couldn't feel the extra weight. The Beta starts and runs fine, but there is a technique to it (read the manual!!!!!!) where as the 2T just has to be kicked any old how.

The Beta is WAY quieter the the Mont so much so i can't beleave it.

As i say i had the 2T 270cc and loved the power up the big climbs. Gosh it had some go. It also used to get me a lot of wheel spin and subsequent dabs. The i got onto the 250 and was packing myself that it didn't have enough go.... well it is fine. Yeah you can feel it doesn't have so much torque in the mid range, howeveer it gets up all the same hills the other bike did with a strong top end rev. The 4T likes to be reved on the climbs. I have tried my 41t sprocket and it was too fast so am back to the 42t.

The bike is brilliant in the rocks and technical riding - the pop pop pop is way more precice compaired to the ring a ding a ding ding ding ding of the 2T.

Would recomend a Jitsei (sp?) mixture screw to help find best idle speed, fit a long shock mud flap, and i have fitted a Domino (fast-white) throttle as it is a bit slower than the standard.

Buy the Beta EVO 4T to get a great bike at a good price. ... and the rear shock is in the right place.

Ralph

• Like 1

hey,

it is not that easy to say, it all depends on wat you want

montesa: well bild, no problems, expensive (bad footrests, no fatbar, clutch not that smooth, power is ok for most riders but top riders need more, all this can be fixed but at a cost ) , bit heavy, not a real play bike but verry good for most riders ( had one for 2 years)

sherco: looks nice, a lot of power (and noise), play bike, hops verry good, light, ready for expert course, starting must be learnt, carb setup verry important, rear shock could be improved

beta: no personal experiance but sounds nice, looks nice to

scorpa: never seen one in action