Where Would You Move To?

voleurz

So seeing how there is a lot of europeans on here, I want to know given the choice where would you move to?

I grew up in germany but am now living incomparably better (ie: happy) on vancouver island. much more free to do ride where ever you want and much better air quality.

where would you like to move to and why?

maybe post pics?

pic of a van island beach on the westcoast trail

phpxIblejPM.jpg

Corfu, greek islands. Amazing weather, amazing scenery, clean air, clear sea's.

Just love the place, went on holiday there 2 years back and would return without a doubt!

Looks like there could be some good riding too!

corfu_airport.jpg

First thing you see on approach

corfu_map.jpg

Clear seas

Corfu.jpg

Amazing scenery

Also a quick search for corfu brought up this geeza, surely there must be some good spots out there?

trial_050509_016.jpg

Corfu is cool, we stopped there when we went to Kavala through Igoumenitsa.

Greece is my favourite European country, next to Switzerland, provided you stay away from Athens.

Yeah, love Greece! I find it's very anglosised these days, everywhere you go theres pubs offering footie on tv and the full sunday roast.. Some of the further out islands like Corfu and even some of the uncivilised ones are very nice!

Edited by shercoman2k8

Yeah, love Greece! I find it's very anglosised these days, everywhere you go theres pubs offering footie on tv and the full sunday roast.. Some of the further out islands like Corfu and even some of the uncivilised ones are very nice!

Last time I was there was in like 94, I think.

Grew up in Ayrshire, lived in Ripon for a couple of years, Gutersloh in Germany for five years, then moved back home to Scotland. Loved Germany and adore Yorks but there no place like home.

However........if the magic numbers rolled in it would be the south of France... love the place

Corfu??? too bloody hot to ride all year round.

I was in South Africa :rolleyes: for a while and the terrain was fantastic ( especially Kruger :) ) but the political/social climate has changed now. If I went there now I would find it hard to ride around with a pump-action shot-gun strapped to my back !

I fancy North Carolina or Canada or New Zealand. As far as the last two are concerned does anyone know if you can you ride all year round there?

I fancy North Carolina or Canada or New Zealand. As far as the last two are concerned does anyone know if you can you ride all year round there?

About an hours drive from where I live in NZ is an area we ride year round, huge area that is shared by mountainbikers, motorcyclists,trampers & occasionally horses & 4wds. Trials guys can ride the mtb tracks ok as we don't do much damage but we have a lot of tracks only we know & make sure others don't know about. Some of our older tracks have been destroyed by one of the younger guys who now rides enduros using them for practise

We also have a lodge we use for long weekend rides about 2 hours away, step out the door, hop on the bike & you straight into it.

I'll try & post some shots off my phone later this week

I was in South Africa :) for a while and the terrain was fantastic ( especially Kruger :D ) but the political/social climate has changed now. If I went there now I would find it hard to ride around with a pump-action shot-gun strapped to my back !

Ya reckon :rolleyes: It's even worse if you're white, male and need a job! Best trials riding in SA is the western cape. The rest IMO tends to be quite similar. Durbs excepted. Off road it's a different story. In the Western Cape you can have an enormous variety of terrein (Scottish Moors to desert) in 200 k's driving. I'm not exagerating here Bigfoot will bear me out.

Dunno 'bout North Carolina, NZ is great riding but very slippery in winter. Summer is brill. Just my SA side coming out.

Edited by TooFastTim

Ya reckon :rolleyes: It's even worse if you're white, male and need a job! Best trials riding in SA is the western cape. The rest IMO tends to be quite similar. Durbs excepted. Off road it's a different story. In the Western Cape you can have an enormous variety of terrein (Scottish Moors to desert) in 200 k's driving. I'm not exagerating here Bigfoot will bear me out.

Dunno 'bout North Carolina, NZ is great riding but very slippery in winter. Summer is brill. Just my SA side coming out.

Poor Saffer stuck in hell! My heart bleeds!!!!!!! :)