Uk Scorpa Importer ?

shercool

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine who is riding the SSDT has just bought an SY, he has told me it will be Birkett. Apparentley he was told that there was no money in importing them and Crosser gets more cash from the displays.

Edited by boofont

Lookin at the Press report(as most of you should have by now) it looks as though Scorpa(France) have ambitions they cannot hope the Crosswaites to forfill. If as stated by Scorpa(UK) they want them to buy 3 times the number of bikes off them for 2006 as they sold in 2004 then they need to get a higher profile in the World and European Championships. They obviously have started this, but to expect an independant importer to risk that amount of money "up front" is madness. There is potential and I have no doubt if the forthcoming 4 stroke is as good as expected then it COULD happen. I also think losing the services of Martin Crosswaite, who has compromised his riding by choosing to use the SY125 and the development expertise therein is a mistake. Hindsight is great but under the same deal I think most importers will struggle. None the less I wish both Scorpa and the Crosswaite's(who I know personally) only the best.

I am disapointed that Crosser has, for what ever reason, lost the Scorpa brand. I've had nothing but 100%+ good service from him, James and all. The service has ranged from offering advice from his home phone out of hours to speedy delivery of parts. I wish him and the team all the best in the future.

Edited by boofont

I can confirm I have signed a longterm contract with Scorpa. So please take note whoever started these rumours.

December to March is not quite long term :D:D

I wonder if Scorpa are putting the presure on other importers across Europe, if so they cuold end up with ''Egg On Their Face''

Martin and Neil are/have done/doing an excellent job, I had a Scorpa in 2003 and had a slight problem during the SSDT, both could not do enough for me.

Good Luck to both of them

The service has ranged from offering advice from his home phone out of hours to speedy delivery of parts. I wish him and the team all the best in the future.

Apparently Crosser just got sick of some crabby bloke ringing him in the middle of the night. Just decided it wasn't worth the hassle :D

Apparently Crosser just got sick of some crabby bloke ringing him in the middle of the night. Just decided it wasn't worth the hassle :D

It was the weekend, I rang the phone, he'd diverted it to the house. He did mention something about being crabby though, what ever the hell that means? :D

Just a quick note to thank all of my customers over the last 5 years, as you all know we are no longer the Scorpa importer due to us been unable to agree a new contract, based on a massive difference of opion with development ideas and the size of the U-K market.

I have enjoyed my time importing Scorpa and had (and still have) good faith in the product.

I will now concentrate on my display team with Dan Clark, and I am looking forward to getting back to ENJOYING my riding at the end of the year.

Once again thanks to everyone who has helped me in my business and I hope the work I did for Scorpa has left them in good shape.

see you all in the sections.

Crosser.

p-s my previous post was not a load of boll#!ks. I did beleive we had agreed terms for the next 4 years.

Don't know your man CROSSER,but judging by the support and his quick and courtious response to the loss of the Scorpa importation contract,can see why he is held in such high esteem by his friends and customers. :D