Who Will Be First Rider To Take The Title From Bou?

funtrials

Hang on, I'm saying I (capitilized) don't like Honda and their manipulative, dictatorial approach. I think they have cost the clubbie a hell of a lot of money. Money that the clubbie had to chip in to offset the development of (in trials case) 4Ts that nobody really wanted. In the case of MX the cost maintainance of a 4t vs a 2T is massive. These are costs WE have had to bear. Thank you very much Honda.

Slappie (gawd my nicknames for you get worse), you say we need 'em all. Do we? In the '70's, arguably the golden years of trials, we managed to get along fine with three manufacturers (I'm excluding an aborted effort by the japs). We have in the last 18 months had Xispa, Ossa and, maybe, Greeves enter the market. We've also seen Scorpa go to the wall. IMO the market is saturated.

Dabster, hold it with the patronising remarks about inside info at the FIM. The damage that Honda have wrought is plain to see for anybody with half a brain.

*edit* as an example of Hondas megalomania consider the 250 grands prix, for the forseeable future ALL 250 GPs will be won by Hondas. They couldn't win it so they BOUGHT it.

Edited by TooFastTim

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

once again a posting goes from a reasonable question into a slanging match off topic, what impression does this give new members wanting to post but wondering if their sensible question will become another 2t 4t argument besides Bou would win on whatever bike you put him on

i was watching a little 6 year old on you tube on one of those electric trials bikes doing stuff i can't and doing wheelies longer than i've ever imagined, these are the new breed who master balance and control so much earlier than we ever did

i saw Bou at the sheffield indoor and the one thing i noticed above others was his balance, he makes far less corrections than others

everyone thought dougie would be unbeatable, dougie raised the bar and others knew that they had to respond, now Bou has raised the bar, it's for others to now step up to Bou's quality

Tony

Edited by tonybroad

Damn, I have nothing against Bou and Montesa but I hate Honda.

How can you hate the Co. responsible (IMHO) for getting motorcycles generally accepted by the mainstream population of the world ???

"you meet the nicest people on a honda "

If not for honda , our whole pastime would be completely different (no matter what version of two wheels you enjoy .)

And as to Bou , there is some kid out there on a bicycle practicing right now ........

Glenn

How can you hate the Co. responsible (IMHO) for getting motorcycles generally accepted by the mainstream population of the world ???

"you meet the nicest people on a honda "

Getting motorcycles accepted in the mainstream in the US, not the world. Motorcycles had long been accepted as mainstream transport in Europe long before Honda came on to the scene.

But we're OT.

*edit* as an example of Hondas megalomania consider the 250 grands prix, for the forseeable future ALL 250 GPs will be won by Hondas. They couldn't win it so they BOUGHT it.

Applies to Trials as well since they released the 4T.

Dougie can still ride a bit dont you reckon? all those peeps who wrote him off :thumbup:

btw, it looks like this trial was set out like i mentioned in another post. set out for Bou to go clean and then give others a chance which looks like what has happened here maybe?

The FIM should look at this trial and see why the scores came out like they did, and apply what they have learnt to the series. It will make it much more interesting :crying:

IMHO :marky:

Edited by AtomAnt

It seems to me that less severe sections makes for a more level playing field among the top riders. Compare the results and the finishing positions between Spain and Portugal. Are easier sections the answer to Bou's demise?

It seems to me that less severe sections makes for a more level playing field among the top riders. Compare the results and the finishing positions between Spain and Portugal. Are easier sections the answer to Bou's demise?

Thats the point I was making earlier. It certainly shook it up a bit but for those riders who slate it for being too easy, why didnt they go round it clean then?

I'm talking about taking the title from him, not just beating him at one round (Cabby did that indoor, this year, actually.)

Your thoughts?

Pat Smage!!! time the factory stepped up and give him some help, I think he can do it.