Easy Events

mickwren

I get wound up when people make rash statements about events they weren't at so I am going to do the same. Over the past few weeks we have had all and sundry playing hell about hard events but sureley the Portugese event has shown that it is a bigger farce when things are too easy. Jack Challoner 7 points, 8th place sorry its just not on. I will wait to be shot down in flames

Edited by mickwren

I guess neither was right. Who would be a clerk of the course or organising club?? Majority of which is done by volounteers.

Where was the FIMs technical representative on this.

Maybe time to stop the officials and stewards expenses and put more money into technical help and advice!!!!!!!!

I guess neither was right. Who would be a clerk of the course or organising club?? Majority of which is done by volounteers.

Where was the FIMs technical representative on this.

Maybe time to stop the officials and stewards expenses and put more money into technical help and advice!!!!!!!!

That in itself opens a whole can of worms.

The FIM have no technical representatives. They have guys who go out and homologate venues, but very often those guys are not qualified to decide and venues should not have been homologated for various reasons.

Other than that they are not very good (to say the least) at making decisions, and even less good at sticking by any decisions they do tentatively make. That only serves to make them look weak.

You then have the various ways different countries do things. Each is different. Some do their very best, but are still learning - Poland/Czech, some are flexible in change - Spain/Andorra, some get emotional, but eventually adapt - Italy, some are downright rude and just do things their own way regardless - France/Japan. :thumbup:

I'm not sure where that leaves the UK. Ask me after June :crying:

The FIM have no technical representatives. They have guys who go out and homologate venues, but very often those guys are not qualified to decide and venues should not have been homologated for various reasons.

The overriding consideration seeming to be good parking for the factory trucks rather than natural terrain for world class sections!

Section design is an art in itself! The fine line between making things challenging, or too dangerous for the top riders, has become too fine! The rest are left to frey.

Look at Bou on the indoor, my gosh!

Put them outdoors and you gotta work with nature. I can see why these things can swing so wildly, yet points are still taken from most.

Still, having some easier than others is important, not sure this was well reflected in recent events. It IS beyond me! And I have studied this for years now.

Quote off Dougie Lampkin report............

''We all know that the trial has been on the easy side again, despite the organisers trying to make it harder, but it is still here to be ridden''

which is what Fuji did?

Too easy, often used by riders when getting beat, or I fived a section and there no chance of pulling it back.

I think it only needs three or four sections to be tougher than this event and it will be about the right severity, a good rain the night before what would the scores for the majority looked like then ?

If more world rounds were set at a similar level to Portugal then they might start to get a decent entry on the main route. If you make it hard enough for the top Spanish riders its too hard for the majority of other riders.