Beta 2011 or Gas Gas 2011

zao9

Surely each individual calls it as they see it ?

Yes i guess so but personally dbf it sounded like a bit of naming and shaming and seemed a bit unfair. I'll bet for every one disgruntled Gas Gas customer there are dozens of happy ones. The importers are making their crust from spares and after sales because they are trying to keep the cost of the bikes down, therefore they have to be doing things right!

From my own perspective as a Beta rider, Lampkins are never anything less than brilliant and if on a very rare occasion, they don't happen to have what I need in stock (older bike) I have my own network of suppliers a lot of them of TC site sponsors to get what I need. I've never had to wait more than 36hrs to get the bits I need.

Edited by Slapshot 3

Yes i guess so but personally dbf it sounded like a bit of naming and shaming and seemed a bit unfair.

It goes with the territory though I guess, if they deserve praise then they should receive it, but at the same time, if an individual feels he's had a poor service, then in turn he is entitled to voice it as so.......yeah ?

I'm not taking sides btw, just being devils advocate here, and I have a scorpa and Birketts and ornplus have been superb in my eyes :thumbup:

In moto trials it is very apparent that opinions on what is good and what isn't are really rather biased. Take me for example, ever since I started trials nearly 4 years ago I have rode nothing but sherco, because I have grown so used to them and never had any major faults to tell of if I were to tell you my opinion it would be a one sided argument. Same goes for most of the comments on here and what most people think. Most of the time people will tell you to go for a bike because it is simply what they have, it is personal preference really, with all of the modern bikes you can't really go wrong. You just gotta jump on and find out what is for you (y)

Think you should test each bike to see which is best for you. You should also test the new Scorpa 280, tried one last weekend, its now top of my list. It turns on a sixpence, grip is second to none, the suspension is brill and the power is smooth and strong.

IF the bikes were good none of the importers warranties would need to be discussed.

personally I have found Gas Gas very helpful and tested their warranty successfully with more than one bike.

Lampkins were great when I had a beta except I had to carry a stator and fitting kit round scotland in 2003. Good they lent them out for the week **** they needed to for a month old bike !

Gas Gas provide great service and Mr Not sure which Hipwell is a fantastic bloke on advice. The issue i take is having spoken to a owner of a Gas Gas 2011 this weekend he said his rear wheel broke some spokes and was offered no support, which he said was the same on a 2010 when he had another failure on a minor issue of little cost but yet again was given no warranty support on a month or so bike.

My friend had a two year old Rev3 and the casing around the water pump failed and gave J Lampink the frame and engine number and recieved a free casing.

I think its fair to voice an opinion as we live in a free world and should praise good and bad to make our

choices as we are the customer.

Edited by smalley250

both very good bikes but i think the beta is ahead in the reliability and they ride very nice also they look nicer than the gassers too on the other hand the gasgas is a very nice bike if i was getting ont it would be the beta and it would be a 300.

To Slapshot3 : If you've used them both it is fair to criticise IF the criticism is FAIR

I've dealt with both Gas Gas UK and Beta UK and they are chalk and cheese - honestly they COULD NOT be more different.

Shirty is awful, expensive, un co-operative and generally rubbish

Lampkin is FANTASTIC, there is no other word I would or could use. Inside or outside of warranty he bends over backwards to help you.

If someone asked me to recommend either of the above bikes based on back up and support I would say Beta with zero hesitation.

To GasGas Ben : too late now BUT, by E.U law ALL 'motorised vehicles' MUST come with AT LEAST 12 month warranty. I know of riders who have threatened GasGas UK with legal action based on his illegal warranty and quel surpris, shock of shocks he backed down instantly and covered all the work and parts

Gas Gas provide great service and Mr Not sure which Hipwell is a fantastic bloke on advice. The issue i take is having spoken to a owner of a Gas Gas 2011 this weekend he said his rear wheel broke some spokes and was offered no support, which he said was the same on a 2010 when he had another failure on a minor issue of little cost but yet again was given no warranty support on a month or so bike.

My friend had a two year old Rev3 and the casing around the water pump failed and gave J Lampink the frame and engine number and recieved a free casing.

I think its fair to voice an opinion as we live in a free world and should praise good and bad to make our

choices as we are the customer.

As a minder over warranty in a different realm, I should remind All here that a basic warranty covers DEFECTS! and not DAMAGE!

If one has a defective spoke, then it will break, not several! If they all broke on all the bikes, then that could be a quality issue that need to be addressed, yet with no such pattern, one is back to uasge and breakage. Just because you broke it does not mean it is warranty no more than if you ran it into a wall!

Both in and out of warranty, there can be quality issued that may be handled upon a Goodwill basis, such as the Beta cases. They had issues and were trying to help out an do the right thing. To some point which must have some reasonable limits.

And then again, sometimes a really grey area could go either way, even dependant upon your history and relationship. Even your attitude! Do you have any? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

To GasGas Ben : too late now BUT, by E.U law ALL 'motorised vehicles' MUST come with AT LEAST 12 month warranty. I know of riders who have threatened GasGas UK with legal action based on his illegal warranty and quel surpris, shock of shocks he backed down instantly and covered all the work and parts

Ah ok Then, Didn't know that was the case now, Just thought The 6 month warrenty with GG UK, Is a very important issue for people to know with new Gassers, Even if the warrenty has to be 12 months, I have no doubts that shirty will manage a way to get round it.

As you say also though John Lampkin & the team are 100% fantastic with you, Couldn't ask to deal with nicer people.