Fort William World Round 2011

portman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they call Dougie Lampkin the King of Trials, Toni Bou is the king of trials, Dougies reign is long over, and he is not the best place brit to take a win on home soil.

Because until Toni eclipses Dougie's records, Dougie Lampkin is the Boss

so does that mean when the queen dies charles will never be king until he has been in the role longer than she was?

After all the comment you've made about Dougie over the years, I can't be bothered arguing, until Toni eclipses Dougie, He stays the Boss.

What's the definition of 'king'?

Lampkin is the most successful. However, he is a way off being the 'best' rider now. That has been Bou for five years, indoor and outdoors.

So, if 'king' means most successful, yes he is. If it means best at this time, no he isn't.

All depends on what spin you want to put on it.

Haha, nice discussion...

And Scania is king of the road, or was it MAN or Volvo... :icon_salut:

:rotfl:

We had the same in tennis: one day Clijsters was the world no 1, the next day it was Henin. I couldn't tell the difference or who was 'better'...!

great weather on the sat today was a bit damp winndy up the top :thumbup: (no midges).what was lacking was trade stands but at £500 a stand who can blame them.on a better note well done andrew anderson the only scottish rider. :thumbup:

Edited by scottishsteve

just got back from the world round and have to agree with a few things

the riding is second to none and a brilliant show from all the riders but i am glad i never spent my money on a VIP ticket package, where was the grand stand and did anyone else here about the free entry that appeared to be going on Saturday.Also the total lack of trade stands from scorpa,ossa ( they coud share the same van), gasgas missed a golden opportunety as it was school holidays and a range of there junior bikes would have brought much interest plus i bought 3 tee shirts from you last year for riders to sign well done to the beta guys and steve saunders - but you were also part of the show.lots of people that travelled/flew to scotland had cash to spend and there was nothing to buy not even a trials paper or magazine. and lastly to get a lot of you talking where was the acu sponsored trials team to rival the spanish federation boys, we had enough officals that could have minded.