1981 2honey

gumby26

I just finished the 200 this weekend and I must say ( at this point ) I'm liking the 200 better than my 240. Unbeleivable power and will go anywhere in any of our vintage events with less weight, lower seat height, and tighter turning. A blast to ride,....hats off to the designer of these bikes. In my opinion they were truly ahead of their time ! Here are a few pics, hope you enjoy ! Happy Easter !

STA70827.jpg

STA70824.jpg

STA70820.jpg

STA70821.jpg

STA70811.jpg

Edited by Andy
Tidy up broken links
  • Like 1

Thanks Fella's ! What do you think of the 300 seat, run it or put on the stocker ? Any mod's to this bike or things to keep an eye on ?

Gary

Stick with the 300 seat it looks well,Modifying anthing know though would cause another repaint, e.g chopping steering lock off, tool box bracket off. A GRP tank would make it possibly better if thats possible. It just depends if you want it original or trick?

Edited by furse

:thumbup:B) Gary ; This isn't FAIR !!! your up there putting together and riding all of these beautiful bikes and I'm stuck down here sweating my but off building spec miata's and just put one of our 6 jenson healy's on a rotisserie rack to strip it to a bare shell and see how far I can take the E prod. rules ...

I rode my 240 for about 5 min. last weekend after playing with the internal clutch adjustment and changing the oil ... Gotta go out to my shop now and build a wheel for a freinds RM ... And then off to the shop to make some brackets to weld onto a toyota 4x4 rearend so it can go into the jenson with the proper 4link geometry :marky: And then start bending tubing for the rollcage/chassis stiffener ... And we are still thinking of a rover 3500 V8 into a early spitfire for a real fun autocross car ...

But I will make some time to get to a event again sometime this year !!! I gotta play too !!!

Glenn :beer:B)

Edited by axulsuv

I just finished the 200 this weekend and I must say ( at this point ) I'm liking the 200 better than my 240. Unbeleivable power and will go anywhere in any of our vintage events with less weight, lower seat height, and tighter turning. A blast to ride,....hats off to the designer of these bikes. In my opinion they were truly ahead of their time ! Here are a few pics, hope you enjoy ! Happy Easter !

STA70827.jpg

STA70824.jpg

STA70820.jpg

STA70821.jpg

STA70811.jpg

That baby is Unreal!! When I saw the bike in person I could not stop looking at the rear frame loop. The paint looked wet and about 10inches deep. Great Job! I just signed up so I thought I would say Hi. Take Care Phil

Thanks Glenn, Phil. Rode the conversion bike this weekend in the proper class ( modified vintage ) and it was a total hit !!! The bike performed incredible, not a issue and handled like a modern bike...I know, I know it kinda is :) Fired up the 200 as well to try it out in a few sections. Also was phenomenal, a light lil billy goat !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice resto job. I will be starting mine soon but I doubt it will look as good as yours. I don't suppose you would have a picture of where/how the chain tensioner attaches to the frame?

Cheers

John

Nice job, I am trying one at the moment. What did you do re the footpeg position, are they lowered or just welded new brackets for the big pegs. I have still got the std pegs and can't decide whether they want lowering, I do need big pegs though. Thanks..... :thumbup:

i1109.photobucketThanks Bo drinker and John H. I posted a pic of the chain tensioner but could not get a good one,it is on the swingarm though I hope this helps ??? I did lower the pegs and moved them rearward 1/2". When I rode it in stock trim I knew immediately that for me it would need to be done. A free (well almost) easy modification. The bike feels less top heavy, handles and turns much better !!! I am still torn between the 200 and 240,...each have their place !

200003.jpghttp://200003.jpg[/img]