Leaking spookes

cabby

No sealer at all, just spotlessly clean wheel rim and rubber seal then loads of tyre soap.

The sherco website has a good guide by the American guy wayne he seems to have it sussed, its easier each time you do it.

NB its the tape that leaks not the spokes.

NB its the tape that leaks not the spokes.

I had to go tubed due to my tyre kept going flat, when I tried to go tubeless again, we fitted tyre with no tape, then poured soapy water on the fitted tyre and there were a couple of spokes where there was air leaking out, hence why I reckon it's the spokes.

Got a link to that sherco page, had a look and can't find anything.

I had to go tubed due to my tyre kept going flat, when I tried to go tubeless again, we fitted tyre with no tape, then poured soapy water on the fitted tyre and there were a couple of spokes where there was air leaking out, hence why I reckon it's the spokes.

Got a link to that sherco page, had a look and can't find anything.

your not understanding this fella

spokes and rims are metal so its next to impossible without Quality control way beyond a trials bike to make the spokes actually seal by themselves. So the idea is the rim tape stops the air before it gets to the spokes.

Lots of people have lots of ways if doing this but i only know what works for me. remove tape, cover every spoke head in RTV silicone and around the valve hole. Refit rim tape making sure its exactly in the grooves all the way round.

then forget about it forever.

remove rim tape and clean rim spotless,then wash it with brake clean and wipe dry. cover each spoke with mastick not silicone as it dosent stick and leave for a day to cure. refit rim tape with plenty soap and refit tyre.hence job done never had a failure yet. :icon_salut::thumbup:

Rim_Band_Replacement_Manual.pdf :thumbup:

Waynes Help on the sherco site. There is lots of useful tips on there. Its on older bikes like mine, but still useful.

Wayne does a good job on those tips. You also might consider storing the bike with about 25-30 PSI in the tire as it tends to

keep moisture (always present) out of the inside seal and bead contact areas. Most riders just store he bike with a few pounds

of air in the tires.

Jon

Wayne does a good job on those tips. You also might consider storing the bike with about 25-30 PSI in the tire as it tends to

keep moisture (always present) out of the inside seal and bead contact areas. Most riders just store he bike with a few pounds

of air in the tires.

Jon

Ha, I've done this before and it's alway at the second section where you remember to drop the pressure to about 5 psi confused-smiley-17424.gif Doh !

OK folks, here we are again, did what those have said, got the rim spotless....check, got the tape right inside with loads of soap....check, trye on, good to go....check.

That was three days ago, put 5 pound in and left....three days later, still with 5 in, great. Off I go out for a play, within half an hour it's gone down on me (ooh err missus)

:wall: Driving me crazy.