Any Objections ?

sidewaysinto3rd

Looks interesting, but I feel that some sort of trailer would be a lot safer...

...what about that one in front of your car...?

...there may also be some sort of regulations concerning towing a two wheeled vehicle with a four wheeled vehicle...? you know what governments are like... ;)

A similar method used to be quite common here, an adapter was made for the tow bar, you removed the front wheel and chain from the bike and used the front spindle through the adapter to mount the forks onto the tow bar. Could pull two bikes that way.

Don't know if it was outlawed or just fell out of favour

I haven't actually transported the bike that way .. was just thinking of ways to use my small car so I won't have to drive my large gas guzzling truck.

I live real close to the riding areas so I would mostly be driving for 10 minutes to the trail head at max 70 km/hr

I guess I will try it and find out if I get any tickets from mr law !

I was thinking about putting a strap on the clutch lever while towing, and yes no reversing the car !!!

Edited by SidewaysInto3rd

Hammertight is right.

With the back being open is enough to attract the cops.

Had to put my back window through once because i locked the keys in, was'nt long before i got a tug.

How is it all these strange ideas come from Canada or the USA

Edited by bilc0

I can't even reverse a trailer yet :( .

I certainly wouldn't try it your way - you wouldn't get 20 seconds down the road over here without getting stopped.

If it's only 10 minutes I'd pay for the gas at your prices.

Edited by grumpyoldman

Nooooooooo, It's wrong on so many levels!

I'm sure that the price of a tyre is far more than a few Dollars of Fuel for the Truck!

a Rear Tyre is knackered after a few days during the Scottish 6 days, if not sooner. Due to the Road work So you must go through them in no time if you plan on doing that.

Nice idea, but i really wouldn't do it.

How is it all these strange ideas come from Canada or the USA

haha .. must be the good marijuana we have here :)

honestly I just took those pics for fun at first, but I did drive around the block and it was very sketchy... gonna get a hitch and a motorcycle hitch carrier. It will still be odd to hang that off the back of my little civic, but not as insane as putting the front wheel in the hatch

cheers

when i was stuck years ago i took the rear mudgaurd and back wheel out of my TY Pinky and slid the forks out with the front wheel still fitted. I got the bike in the back of an estate car in an upright position. Its a hassle but its not much more than 10 mins work.

on a gas gas pro its four allen bolts and a jubilee clip and the whole rear end comes off, get the back wheel out as well and you may be able to hang the front of the bike out of the back. A motorcycle carrier is a lot more sensible though

Edited by Baldilocks