What Van Would You Choose ?

cwill83247

I've got a 2010 Renault Trafic which is nice to drive, I've trimmed out the back and fitted three extra seats (and side windows) so that I can use it as a family vehicle. Looking at quoted mpg above, my van's not the most economical, I can just get 40mpg if I'm carefull, but 38 is the norm.

Two points worth mentioning. If you modify the van with seats, it makes it much harder to insure (correctly) and, unless the van is car based, the speed limit is 50 on a single carriageway road. Not 60.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Defenetly a Ford Transit(standard wheel base) cheap,efficent on toll roads and ferries and a lot of space.Went last year to Italy for the Classic trial in Campo Canavese.3 People,3 Yamaha TY's.Back home with 3 TY's and 2 ISDT bikes from ebay and a lot of parts some people bought on ebay.So 5 offroadbikes is no problem.No they where all complete.Lot of people watched us when we packed the Van on Sunday afternoon and everybody said no you never get 5 complete bikes in.Yes,we did.

Cheers:Mike

trafics are an ace m way van cruise happy as larry in sixth turning in just shy of 40mpg over the years i ve had em. stuff like caddys and connects dont do any better mpg wise so the space is the deciding factor.. the new pegeout partner has a longer body 3 front seats option and would be ideals ..BUT its the same money as the car to buy so not justifiable.. but bikes go in it straight.. i rode my tlr to the dealer to check!

Ive had a 2008 115 vito sport from new. Average mpg from new is 27mpg. It is the worst van i have ever had. Its had £8k spent on warranty work. Bought new for £25k. After 3 year offered £8k to px against others.. Just going to keep running it until it stops.

Had a trafic before this which my mate bought and it is still quieter than my vito.

I've been pleased with my Trafic, I lloked at the factory combi with an extra row of seats, but the swb one wasn't big enough to get the trials bike in the back. So I bought a standard van, trimmed the rear, fitted side windows and removable seats. A single and a twin.

I can remove the single and get one trials bike in, or remove all three and get everything in.

Here's a shot of it loaded up at Mallory Park recently.

IMG_0150_zpsaf348739.jpg