Is Boycotting World Rounds The Only Way To Get The Fim To Change The Silly New Rules?

funtrials

What can be done to get the FIM to change their ridiculous new rules that handcuff trials riders (in an attempt to appease the corporate interests of the manufacturer$)? Fans not attending world rounds is one idea.

Your ideas?

Edited by funtrials

Funtrials i like people who like trials and you do appear to be rather passionate about your sport and your preferred rules.

However not everybody shares your view and you would do well to develop a little more respect for the opinions of others who share your interest if not your particular view on no stop.

In the uk in terms of people who ride its maybe 50/50 in terms of preference i would suggest. I'm happy to ride stop permitted but prefer no stop trials. No stop at the wtc is an experiment which should be allowed to run its course without starting boycotts, its not necessary.

We are a minority sport so we need to stick together. Now go and ride your bike however you please, riding bikes is far better than arguing.

• Like 6

Funtrials i like people who like trials and you do appear to be rather passionate about your sport and your preferred rules.

However not everybody shares your view and you would do well to develop a little more respect for the opinions of others who share your interest if not your particular view on no stop.

In the uk in terms of people who ride its maybe 50/50 in terms of preference i would suggest. I'm happy to ride stop permitted but prefer no stop trials. No stop at the wtc is an experiment which should be allowed to run its course without starting boycotts, its not necessary.

We are a minority sport so we need to stick together. Now go and ride your bike however you please, riding bikes is far better than arguing.

Wow,

Well said that man!

I wish I could have put it that well.

Cheers Trev.

Edited by windwelder

No stop at the wtc is an experiment which should be allowed to run its course......

I believe that from roughly 1998 through at least 2001 (someone please tell us) it WAS no-stop rules in WTC events (I went to one in person, but not anymore.) So it was a failed experiement. No need to re-learn from that failure.

They just CAN'T get out of the "motorcycles aren't meant to stop/hop, etc., they are meant to go fast" type of thinking. To them, a clutch is only there to change gears. As a kid I first got on a TRIALS bike, but they likely got on some go-fast bike as a kid, and can't seem to shake their first-impression of what you do on a motorcycle. I respect their desires, but they should just take up Endurocross if they don't like real trials, not try to change it into something its not.

Edited by funtrials

It's simple. Just call them Nazi, Fascist, Fourth Reich. I'm sure they will listen to you.

Raga tried speaking his mind recently, and the FIM threatened him with a vicious letter and demanded he apologize in the letter! When your overlord speaks, you obey...he obeyed. Look it up if you don't believe me. We don't want trials riders thinking for themselves, now do we! Their skin is so thin that a little American-like freedom of expression (our 1st Amendment - you can thank us later) is a threat to their huge egos, it would seem. Apparently this "Raga" fellow is a fairly good trials rider....uh, pretty high ranked in 2013, apparently....not just a serf like the rest of us....but for ANYONE to dare QUESTION our FIM overlords and they'd put him in the stocks, if they could. They are acting like dictators like Saddam who can't stand any free expression or discussion of different ideas.

The FIM is enforcing "trials blasphemy laws" (what next, death for blasphemy like under Sharia Law?), obviously, and Raga is just the first casualty. Yes, this is exactly how fascism starts, the powerful (corporate interests, indirectly) silencing the weak (regular trials riders like you and I.)

I don't think we should silence no-stop PROPONENTS, like they feel should be done with no-stop CRITICS, by the way, since I have a sense of fairness.

Edited by funtrials

Something that I've never seen happen is taking place in trials as ALL FIVE of the most recent posts on this forum all concern only ONE topic (the abominable no-stop laws of course)....so is probably one indicator that this topic is not going away until they change the law back.

At one FIM Italian world trials round all the top RIDERS boycotted one of the days (because the sections were too tough), until the overlords listened to reason. It's been done effectively before, it can be done again! Didn't some top Spanish riders (Colomer, etc.) boycott something else awhile back (Spanish nationals or world rounds, I can't remember)?

Edited by funtrials

Replying to yourself is the first sign of insanity!

Anyway, you've gone from spectators boycotting (which hurts nobody except those who have to fork out a wad of cash to host the rounds in the first place) to riders boycotting. Riders can't boycott. They have these little pieces of paper called contracts and their employers (with whom they have those contracts) backed this move.

world trials goes non stop, the stop likers hated this.

after a couple of rounds of non stop/pause the non stop likers hate this.

So who likes this, I am guessing the observers do. well someone must?

The promoters invest a lot of cash to get a world round so if you boycott , they loose out not the fim.

Replying to yourself is the first sign of insanity!

Anyway, you've gone from spectators boycotting (which hurts nobody except those who have to fork out a wad of cash to host the rounds in the first place) to riders boycotting. Riders can't boycott. They have these little pieces of paper called contracts and their employers (with whom they have those contracts) backed this move.

Ha, I see your point....I could have added my "reply" to the ORIGINAL POST as one suggestion to people, instead of appearing to just answer my own question. :-)

nzpete: oh the FIM WILL INDEED feel the heat if promoters bail on the events due to the boycott.

Andy, you make a compelling case, I just hope that the top riders who hate no-stop will give their employers an ear-full on this.

Raga railed against the new rules, to the FIM.....I wonder if he told his EMPLOYER how he feels as well!? Would be interesting to know.