Bruno Ceriotti, Argentinian Trials Chronicles.

xeriotti

I was planing to make a big circle-shaped piece of plywood for each tyre... (1/2" inch thick will not feel flexy at all... i think)... And about securing it, my idea is to fix the pre-drilled plywood with three self threading screws directly to the sidewalls of the tractor tyre... The idea is to have a firm but permisive platform to play and push the limits trying to clear long gaps between them...

You guys think its possible to gap tyre to tyre (with a propper flat platform on top of each of them) the width of the truck... :D (I think i can clear it with my bicycle...but with a motorbike :S never tried so i have no idea at all about where limits are!!!)

The real place, now....

xsid.jpg

And my idea...Leave room to enter/exit the spot with a vehicle but also being able to cross over the path with MAJOR style :D and offering a nice view to the 2-stroke-angry neighbors :D..

mzgf.jpg

I got no bike yet!!! Noticed??? :D :D :D

Unfortunately I can see this all ending badly unless you have very understanding neighbours and local cops who do not respond to noise complaints

I think he is getting a 2 stroke..... they don't "Bark" as loud........

But seriously try not to anger the neighbors. I ride in my yard but only at "appropriate" times of the day.

Edited by zippy

Lets see what happens... Ill try not to get too busy on big stuff until i have ridden the spot a week or two without complains... Cosp cant touch me its private property, they may come with a sound meter and cheeck my Db lecture.,.. if im not beign louder than the max permitted im free to ride in there foerever...

Not much action today... Got a big piece of plywood for free, and cutted 2 squareish circles to cover the holes in the tyres, Already drilled 4 holes on each and got my 8 bolts, nuts and washers to assembly that tomorrow.

I may need to secure them to make the tyres stiffer... Any suggestions???

vmdo.jpg

PS: Circles are squareish because the tyre "hole" was 80cms... and the piece of wood 90cms wide... so i made it 120cms to get a little more "bite" on the circular borders... That added to some kind of support in the middle (thinking about 20lt oil drums) will do fine and steady...

Edited by xeriotti

I know you were/are a stunter but are you not going too advanced with your obstacles in the beginning?

I have no idea what your skill levels are so please dont take offence.

Your spot looks cool if your neighbours arent concerned. I used regular car tires stacked up inside my BIG tyre and then put a old car rim inside the smaller tire, that way I can easily remove the centre tires when I get better.

Keep us posted. Looking good so far.

I know you were/are a stunter but are you not going too advanced with your obstacles in the beginning?

I have no idea what your skill levels are so please dont take offence.

Your spot looks cool if your neighbours arent concerned. I used regular car tires stacked up inside my BIG tyre and then put a old car rim inside the smaller tire, that way I can easily remove the centre tires when I get better.

Keep us posted. Looking good so far.

Mok!! (like to call you like that :D hope it doesnt bother you :D) I stunted almost 200kgs sportbikes, i think it just gave rear brake and stoppie idea that i can translate to handle a trials motorcycle... What i belive gives a real advantage is to ride biketrials... Its like a sixth sense, and i would recommend you, your son and everyone... to get a bicycle as an additional training...

My obstacle size/shape is based mostly in my enduro skills as a reference... I can go over, jump, drop, climb... rather respectable obstacles with my 110kg XR200 (wich brakes, engine and suspension sucks)... I imagine a under-the-knee tyre with a platform on top to be a piece of cake to clear with a trials specific motorcycle... The same with some stacked pallets or a couple sleepers... I bet things will get harder when obstacles get over the bars, but as i sad before... I never ridden a trials motorcycle before so who knows... Ill may end up lowering tha bar to start out almost flat, os the opposite stacking things up to make it more challenging... Only time will answer you (and me :D) that question...

If I learnt something in my years of "extreme" sports is that the biggest obstacle is ALWAYS your mind... You might get hurt really bad often if you lose ALL your fear and precautions but with the same level of skills you could do lots of amazing stuff...

When training, the best is to be always pushing the limit... Always doing something youre not 100% comfortable with. Youll do it so many times and in different body/mind conditions that it will get natural... Then when you got it "on lock" you can raise the bar, sepparate the gaps, hit that taller rock, drop from the neghbors garage roof or go tease the lions to run after you.... just for fun....

Any ideas, suggestions, advice on obstacles, size, shape, location, placing....is highly welcome guys...Thanks for the support.

ABOUT THE BIKE: My friend called me today, he talked with the guys at Beta...and told him the bike is entering the workshop to be assembled next tuesday... :D

Been busy today, sun went down when i was done bolting those platforms to the tyres, its not firm, ill have to put somwthing underneath... (maybe a sawed in half 200lt barrell?)

n361.jpg

Edited by xeriotti

Oh that was you man handling that xr200 up that ledge. A trials bike should be a walk in the park.

Cut drum with the flat side up should do the trick.

Im looking forward to my second trial, its in a forest with rivers etc not the artificial stuff like my first. Cant wait.

Oh that was you man handling that xr200 up that ledge. A trials bike should be a walk in the park.

Cut drum with the flat side up should do the trick.

I think im the only person in the planet thinking about an XR200 as a serious enduro tool... Everyone looks at me funny or think im beign sarcastic when i affirm its a great bike!!!

The destructive way up video you were talking about :D

And a full lap in a track improvised at the local junkyard, right after it was complete...(I wasnt too fast now that i see it in detail, now after riding the same place a couple times a week for two months times are getting down, risk of injury getting up but its not as fun as when it was almost unknown :D)

Im looking forward to my second trial, its in a forest with rivers etc not the artificial stuff like my first. Cant wait

Sucks to live here Mok...Competitions would be too much asking but it would be nice to have a place to ride and a couple friends to go out and play with seatless bikes...

Edited by xeriotti

I feel your pain. Im the only bike enthusiast here hence why I went onto trials. I can now atleast play close to home.

I found I started riding enduro like a wimp as I was always out by myself and often miles away from home in areas that others didnt even know about. Not a good recipe for a serious prang. A buddy used to ride with me but had a serious prang and lost his nerve so im on my own out here......just me, my bike, my cell and TC ;)

• Like 1

I feel your pain. Im the only bike enthusiast here hence why I went onto trials. I can now atleast play close to home.

I found I started riding enduro like a wimp as I was always out by myself and often miles away from home in areas that others didnt even know about. Not a good recipe for a serious prang. A buddy used to ride with me but had a serious prang and lost his nerve so im on my own out here......just me, my bike, my cell and TC ;)

Forever alone :D LIKE ME!!!! :D

Seems like both you and me are making the best of what we have to play with. You must be getting excited about your bike coming soon?

Beign so unique also makes this special in a weird manner... Feels awkward, when noone understands why you want a stack of pallets to practice with a motorcycle... A guy even asked if i was going to "FENCE" the track jajajajaja

I want my bike here... NOW!!!! Theyre starting to assemble it on tuesday... i bet id have it ready overnight :D

• Like 1