"new" Bike In The Shop ...

axulsuv

Well Brewtus ; Thank you for the info . :)

But as to the cost of the bike ... I swapped this TY80post-1232-0-88003000-1386724233_thumb.jpgI built for said son to another club member who snatched up this reflex before I did , He'll put his grandson on it when he's needs more than his Oset ... And yes I had way too much time and $ into the Big wheeled TY80 , But it works great and is in another trials home . And my son grew faster than I built the bike !!! But he loves the honda and it will get tweeked to the gills as young son earns it ! (and I will always have a cool back up bike !) But I do really need to spend some quality time with my section , she just wants to play too !

Thanks again ,

Glenn

post-1232-0-88825400-1386724894_thumb.jpg

Edited by axulsuv

• 2 weeks later...

Opened one of my son's Xmas presents early for him :) I installed the K&N air filter in the bike yesterday and put the stock one on a shelf ...

As has been said before , Direct fit :) just put some sealing grease on the flange , slide it into place and bend the retainer slide spring just a little more as the K&N is about a 1/4 inch shorter . And with the previously performed carb mods , it runs quite well for a old Honda .... No pop , no hesitation and better response , but they still are cold blooded as can be , but once warmed up , well worth the wait ! :)

Now to start the search for some shocks as the OE one's have reached the point of just being spring holders ... And the springs seem to be about shot too !

Glenn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

New bodywork for two bikes? Tax refund check shot to Hell? :chairfall::icon_salut:

Gonna look freakin' great when both are done!

Decals from where? I got some made online that mimic the 309 Fantic well enough and look great,Just waiting for the sack to try to paint the fluorescent yellow plastic tank,I'm never patient enough when it comes to paintwork...

Edited by htrdoug

I had the tanks paid for last xmas , just waited till after the holiday rush to ship them ...

Reflex is getting RWB honda wings w/the hrc logo , aka older cr style .... Clean and simple .

The 240 is getting a Fantic logo from a different model , I hope my idea looks as good as my twisted mind thinks it will , when I do the main frame in black ..(and thanks to 'bama and his ilk , this was the smallest return in quite a few years , aka @ 17 my kid isn't a claimable dependent anymore ???)

Guess I should trim and fit the extra new white front fender for the reflex so it all is bright white , I like the line of the "evo" rear fender better than the stock replacement .

Glenn

Well the stickers/decals arrived for the honda today , they are bigger than I thought so I had to separate them into two pieces ...

www.FastGuyStuff.com , No affiliation at all , just a real Quality product , all kinds of retro style stickers .

post-1232-0-81418700-1393277841_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm liking this project, but personally, I would have put the stickers on BEFORE I went to the pub.

I see what your saying, and I can see he was following the crease line in the tank.........but I agree, it needed to be level. Right, now where's my beer gone?

Edited by bashplate
  • Like 1

Do you wear 32 inch trousers on your right leg, and 24 inch on your left ?

No , But my left foot is about a full shoe size bigger than my right , so maybe I over compensate ???

But Seriously , After doing this all day every working day ,

post-1232-0-95171200-1393545430_thumb.jpg

post-1232-0-15051000-1393545694_thumb.jpg

Sometimes I don't WANNA stay between the lines ...

Glenn

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

And to all the straightforward non beleivers out there ... As the decal aplication gets just a bit busier , I think it starts to look better ! (or it might just be the camera angle ! :) )

post-1232-0-62126600-1394924934_thumb.jpg

Glenn , have fun !