4Rt New 260 - Who's Got One?

johnnyboxer

Erm, well yes unfortunately! Its not all beaches and bbqs here, I have to go to work for a living! Ride planned for this Saturday.

Repsol rim tapes and bou /fujigas tank stickers in the box.

Ok will wear that one, at least you are not on fire !!!!

A bit envious of you guys having delivery, our importer has not yet received any allocations let alone delivery schedules, my original 05 arrived in Jan 06 after being on order from the original announcement that they were going into production.

I have RR on order currently hence interest in how they go.

Look forward to reading your initial impressions.

Erm, well yes unfortunately! Its not all beaches and bbqs here, I have to go to work for a living! Ride planned for this Saturday.

Repsol rim tapes and bou /fujigas tank stickers in the box.

Good to know they are coming with the full complement or parts, unlike the previous version. Many people who bought the last version, didn't get all the correct Repsol parts!

Really looking forward to getting mine sometime soon! But look forward to hearing your views hughesy, when you get out on it at the weekend.

Erm, well yes unfortunately.... I have to go to work for a living!

Ahh come on. Stop teasing us.

How does the bike feel, even if you've just had time to go up and down your driveway?

Does it REALLY feel lighter? If the dog on the driveway doesn't move can you bunny-hop over it with the new lighter feeling bike, or does the dog look like an Intercity ran over it. Also can you ID any of the other 70 changes of the 260 over the old model, or do you think they are just internal/manufacturing efficiencies?

Some photos please. Real shots of your bike. Unswept driveways, beer and wine bottles discarded on the ground, rubbish bins not put out, dogs chasing cats... all will be forgiven for a few photos of a new 4RT in a real customer's hands.

Edited by ross brown

Good to know they are coming with the full complement or parts, unlike the previous version. Many people who bought the last version, didn't get all the correct Repsol parts!

Really looking forward to getting mine sometime soon! But look forward to hearing your views hughesy, when you get out on it at the weekend.

Still not able to fit the Repsol headlight unit supplied with the bike as there is no lower mounting bracket and no replacement front brake hose guide supplied. I've now emailed Honda UK to see what is going on.

I'll post pics on Saturday night once I been out, don't see the point of posting pics of an un used bike you can look at them on the press release pics.

I've spotted quite a few changes when compared to my 06 4RT.

Edited by hughesy

UK press day today, why they need to have another one I don't know, the journalist have already had a ride over in Italy back in July!

Would of been better PR for Honda Montesa, if they'd had a test day for Joe public, surely. Their the ones who will buy the bike, not the journalist!

Edited by shedracer
  • Like 3

thanks for report Ludde.

Do you have any info relating to the engine breaking mechanism?I have a 05 4rt and keen to know if the mechanism,whatever it is,could be fitted or modified to earlier engines.Hope you are enjoying your new bike.(I'm enveous).

Hi Dave,

Looks good to me, is the front pipe a termgoni titanium pipe as well, if so did it all fit straight on to the 260?

Still wish someone would ride the thing and say how it goes, years back when I collected my new TFS Greeves from CJ Wylde in Leeds I rode it home about 100 miles to run it in and couldn't resist every roadworks practice I found on the way including a new roundabout under construction. Didn't look that new when I got home but at least I knew how it went !!!!

• Like 1

Just an after thought, looking at the short cluch cover protector, I had the same on my 06 RR but after it sliding down a rock face the port taking fluid to the clutch slave cylinder wore a pin hole just below where the drilling is plugged. could not seal it at the time although welded up ok later at home.

After that I used a full guard that protects the upper part of the case and no further damage although the guard is now just about worn through in that area.

I know I should throw myself under the bike when dropping it down rocks but I am getting a bit soft as I get older !!

Also reckon the little Repsol fuel tank breathers from H&D look a bit neater than the breather tube over the tank.