4Rt Weight Watcher

guys

http://www.trial-clu...13/montesa-ddm/

This bike tips the scale at 65 kg and should loose some more weight in the future.

I wonder how it wil cope in real life but if your looking for bling this is the ultimate I guess.

The fuel tank and air filter swapped places, lots of carbon parts: wheels, handle bars, sump guard...

I have my doubts about the belt drive in regards of mud build up...

• Like 2

This bike has been about for a few years - looks like its just had a mudguard upgrade. Why go against the good points of a 4rt ie reliability by adding a load of delicate parts in the search of lightness. Engineering wise its clever but don't think its ever going to cut it for the paying public.

• Like 1

As guys said the fuel tank and airfilter have changed position from the 4RT.

Why on earth did Montesa not take on board this type of mass centralisation during the redesign, especially as the EFI needs a pump to operate and hence the fuel tank position is independent of gravity.

This mod would at least given them something else to push as it being a new model.

• Like 1

Whilst an interesting exercise, I think most posts have assumed this is not practical.

So for those riding 4RTs, what is the real weight of the bike you are riding?

I've weighed mine on bathroom scales with a full gas tank and the heavy front light mounted. It has lost about 1,2 kg to a standard bike (aluminium fuel tank base plate, minimum elektrics, titanium front exhaust pipe, some carbon parts...)

It comes to 77,3 kg or 170,4 lbs