Fim Minimum Bike Weight Increase 2014? What?

kettlewell

i couldn't ride any better if bou, raga and caby gave me their bikes. i love my bike, it weights less than i do and is easier to pick up off the ground after i fall. yes i believe there should be weight limits for wtc and the manufactures will build oem bikes at that limit and modify the works bikes as needed. in the general scheme of things it's not that much money really. but the weight of the bike is not why we have poor turn out in wtc or amateur events, it's the general world economy. the ridicules green movement thats sweeping the earth except for the countries that are really polluting the earth kill riding areas.

• Like 3

i couldn't ride any better if bou, raga and caby gave me their bikes. i love my bike, it weights less than i do and is easier to pick up off the ground after i fall. yes i believe there should be weight limits for wtc and the manufactures will build oem bikes at that limit and modify the works bikes as needed. in the general scheme of things it's not that much money really. but the weight of the bike is not why we have poor turn out in wtc or amateur events, it's the general world economy. the ridicules green movement thats sweeping the earth except for the countries that are really polluting the earth kill riding areas.

well said mucker!

Read the story,......maybe it sort of resembles the publics perception of Trials

THE SITUATION

In Washington, DC, at a Metro Station, on a cold January morning in 2007, this man with a violin played six Bach pieces for about 45 minutes. During that time, approximately 2,000 people went through the station, most of them on their way to work. After about 3 minutes, a middle-aged man noticed that there was a musician playing. He slowed his pace and stopped for a few seconds, and then he hurried on to meet his schedule.

About 4 minutes later:

The violinist received his first dollar. A woman threw money in the hat and, without stopping, continued to walk.

At 6 minutes:

A young man leaned against the wall to listen to him, then looked at his watch and started to walk again.

At 10 minutes:

A 3-year old boy stopped, but his mother tugged him along hurriedly. The kid stopped to look at the violinist again, but the mother pushed hard and the child continued to walk, turning his head the whole time. This action was repeated by several other children, but every parent - without exception - forced their children to move on quickly.

At 45 minutes:

The musician played continuously. Only 6 people stopped and listened for a short while. About 20 gave money but continued to walk at their normal pace. The man collected a total of $32.

After 1 hour:

He finished playing and silence took over. No one noticed and no one applauded. There was no recognition at all.

No one knew this, but the violinist was Joshua Bell, one of the greatest musicians in the world. He played one of the most intricate pieces ever written, with a violin worth $3.5 million dollars. Two days before, Joshua Bell sold-out a theatre in Boston where the seats averaged $200 each to sit and listen to him play the same music.

This is a true story. Joshua Bell, playing incognito in the D.C. Metro Station, was organized by the Washington Post as part of a social experiment about perception, taste and people's priorities.

This experiment raised several questions:

* In a common-place environment, at an inappropriate hour, do we perceive beauty?

* If so, do we stop to appreciate it?

* Do we recognize talent in an unexpected context?

One possible conclusion reached from this experiment could be this:

If we do not have a moment to stop and listen to one of the best musicians in the world, playing some of the finest music ever written, with one of the most beautiful instruments ever made . . .

How many other things are we missing as we rush through life?

• Like 3

I would suggest the Americans had job's to go to,

Likely only a couple of the Spaniards did, and if they did well ,no hurry.

If Bell played up here some drunk guy would join in and spill his special brew over Bell's million dollar fiddle.

if it was an electric fiddle and Miley cirus was half naked it would have drawn a bigger crowd in the USA.

forgive me if i spelled her name wrong as i could care less about the little witch but you get the jist of it.

rob

Are you trying to say that Americans aint got no sophistication like LOL

Find that hard to believe :chairfall:

Are you trying to say that Americans aint got no sophistication like LOL

Find that hard to believe :chairfall:

since i'm from the USof A I CAN SPEAK FOR THOSE I'VE WITNESSED IN PERSON and yes for the most part we ain't got much sophistication. hold my beer and watch this……….

rob

• Like 3

This experiment raised several questions:

* In a common-place environment, at an inappropriate hour, do we perceive beauty?

* If so, do we stop to appreciate it?

* Do we recognize talent in an unexpected context?

One possible conclusion reached from this experiment could be this:

"Even a really well played violin sounds like a strangled cat."

Give me a 4rt on full chat any time!!

• Like 1

I read this on the Facebook page of Trialmotor Online Trial Shop:

"~ THE NEW 2014 WC WEIGHT MINIMUM is a reality ~

Motorcycles up to 125cc - 67kg (147 U.S. pounds) Motorcycles over 125cc - 70kg (154.3 U.S. Pounds)

Motorcycles up to 125cc - 67kg (147 U.S. pounds) Motorcycles over 125cc - 70kg (154.3 U.S. Pounds) Seriously, we must now add approximately 4.5kg (ten US pounds) to the standard production Gas Gas TXT Replica model. Simply to meet the minimum. (much more weight to the factory team bikes) So now, the three primary European TRIAL bike companies are trying to find a way to make their bikes substantially heavier. ummmm?

With the small European Trial bike companies being the world leaders in advanced design-based weight-reduction technology, and having spent incredible amounts of time and money in the constant drive for less weight. And having reduced the average weight of standard Trial motorcycles 30kg since 1990, most of us in this business find this new rule to be a slap in the face.

And what is most obvious, is that this rule has been done to appease a large Asian corporation who's World Championship team are running four-stroke engines. Even with their unlimited resources of engineering, money, and exotic materials, due to the innate design differences in four-stroke engines which make these engines naturally and substantially heavier, they have been unable to reduce the overall weight of their race motorcycles.

As the motorcycles used by the three primary (and thousands of times smaller) European Trial bike companies have continued to progress and now that these companies have reached a point of machine build-quality that challenges the Asian giant, we have this new rule.

So, with their incredible wealth and political power, the Asian company has in some manner been able to get the rules changed to force the small Euro companies to ADD WEIGHT to their race bikes. that is all....."

Edited by guys
  • Like 3