Defend The Stop Dab

twinshocked

Bit anti American sentiment here lads,just remember how good we are at MX compared with them.

Trials rules are universally odd,just try explaining them to someone new.

Trouble is most riders have been around since Sammy Miller had a paper round and accept rules as set in stone.

Whole system could do with being simplified.

How about if you cant spell colour its a five ? Just kidding.

Rules have developed to try and fix other problems such as section severity and a handful of people being way too good for the rest of us.

If you started with a clean sheet of paper i think the first thing to do is to set some proper criteria for sections

• Like 1

If you started with a clean sheet of paper i think the first thing to do is to set some proper criteria for sections

I couldn't agree more !!!

I had a big issue when I started trials as I decided to start putting on events before ever actually being to one. I read the rule book but there was really nothing specific about how the sections should be designed... My only option was to have a person who had been to trials events before walk my sections and give me pointers and then listen to riders and learn as I continued to put on events. I did eventually find a set of rules (can't remember where) that did have section criteria but it was pretty general like Novice nothing over 18 inches, Intermediate could be ridden without "trick riding" I guess this meant hopping the bike, Advanced required "trick riding" Pro - whatever you could dream up.

I do think that sections need to be built very differently for stop, non stop, or stop dab but I have yet to see section guidelines to help in this regard.

I have asked governing bodies about this but it doesn't seem like anybody is willing to write things down - preference is to keep it an art more than a science. My current tactic is if it seems too easy I just toss another log into the section some people say "put another log on it" is my middle name :D.