Repsol Montesa Or 250 Factory Beta New Bike Purchase

helicoptermanr22

• 2 weeks later...

Now that is been launched.TBH i wasn't that impressed. hardly any changes or handy mods. looks like they used the rear shock from the standard 2014.

So Ive gone and ordered a New 4RT. Both are fantastic bikes but the build quality and ride-ablity of the Monty won me over

post-20944-0-96187200-1423842884_thumb.jpg

post-20944-0-62895300-1423843491_thumb.jpg

Edited by helicoptermanr22
  • Like 1

I put my 4RT on the badroom scales (which are about as acurate as my doctors scales) when he was new/standard, and he came in at 77,4kg with a full tank of gas.

Is the 4rt claimed weight dry or with engine oil and petrol ? The mont carries a lot more oil i would think

Montesa/Honda claim 73 and 73,5 kg dry. So I guess they also count paint as a liquid :wacko:

Engine oil: 0,60 L, gear oil 0,57 L, fuel: 1,9 L

Edit: Sorry, I forgot the coolant (about 1 L ?) and clutch and brake fluid :blush: so that could add up to about 4kg of fluids

Edited by guys

Im guessing its dry weight but before my lovely Beta 300 goes Im gonna wheelie it onto the bathroom Scales for a direct comparisom with full fuel.. not that it makes any difference but interested to know.

I do have a a few bits Ive taken on like all the factory bling on the handlebars and also a heavier spring kit that I have just bought. so if anybody is interested in takin off my hands its all available

So... have you made your decision? :D

EDIT: Just read your previous post properly lol, enjoy the repsol, the monts are gaining popularity I saw around 7 at the last trial I went too, nice bikes

Edited by hrmad

Hi There.. I actually went for a Standard 4RT instead of the

Repsol. Couple of reasons being. It wont make my riding any better for an extra £1300 and I like the look of the standard in its red n black livery against the Repsol at St Blazeys. So today I've been on the net Blinging it up with a load of S3 goodies. S3 alloy pegs in Titanium and lever adjusters/Master cyl S3 covers and a Bit of carbon here n there..

Really looking forward to picking it up next week sometime. !!

any other usefull upgrades to put on?? (wish it came with Michelins X lites tho)

• Like 2

Couple of Jitsie air filters, PJ1 air filter cleaner and oil and a set of Mich X lites and you're away. Dump the oil and filter after the first ride, I did my oil four times in the first two months and three filters, always worth getting a couple of casing gaskets encase the originals break.

• Like 1

Ok thanks for that, will check out the side stand. Just use the original oil say for a few hours running it. but what is really best for the engine... Elf MTX oil?

I think you mean Elf HTX

The Elf oil Montesa recommends, is the HTX 740 for the gearbox/clutch.

I don't think Elf makes a motorcycle HTX engine oil in the specified 10W30 viscosity.

I use Castrol Power1 10W30 for the engine.

Edited by guys
  • Like 1