Btc Round @ Butser - Any Vids Or Pics?

johnnyboxer

I suggest that if the BTC is 'British' then it should represent all the geographical character of this country in its abundant variety.

I completely agree. As has been discussed in other forum topics the WTC could benefit from such variety too.

James Dabil won with 49 marks lost, with tenth place at 101 marks lost.

On a Saturday the Hook Woods sections were described as "tight & technical". Dabill won on 22, tenth place lost 94. The point being that in more flowing sections the differential between WTC level riders and the best National riders is reduced, leading to a more open trial.

Maybe the BTC should adopt a SSDT formula, with some long sections and a bit of roadwork, the SSDT doesn't seem to suffer from lack of interest

Not sure how that would help our A class riders with roadwork involved to progress to the next level?

im 15 and from the south. ( east sussex) . retro trials, me and my mate who also rides with me agree that sections like in the pictures are the funnest for us to ride. would of had a pop at the youth A route on my 125 had mum and dad not been on holiday !! :/ butser looks like a brilliant place. the top guys locally like tom moss and mark cottingham say when they go up north to yorkshire or wherever that people down here dont realise how good they are on their rocks and stuff. no wonder they where abit surprised when they came down here and realise what we have. proper no stop sections those. yeah sure some of the cambered bits where abit much but the climbs and decent looked great.

• Like 1

If this had been a World round I think we would be celebrating a large number of uk point scorers.

Which makes you think, why dont we hold the british world round at a venue like this? Hawkstone was always a great venue and suited the british riders. Im sure the Spanish must be rubbing there hands when they go to Nord Vue!!

Penrith may be a stylish venue, but is it a good venue, is it representative of the british terrain, absolutely not!!

Why not give our guys the best possible chance?

Edited by faussy
  • Like 4

There was a huge amount of work that went into holding this event, Not just the organising and sticking flags in the ground but also clearing large areas for parking and improving access. All done by hardworking people purely for the love of the sport.

Butser is a fantastic venue but very different to what most riders are used to, The Northern lads are used to rock quarry's not chalk and marbles.

The venue is limited to loose very steep climbs and roots, there's nothing else there to take marks so it's not the fault of the organisers.

However the expert route was a tad hard, There could have been more deviations, Quite a few riders had to retire, and they are very good centre level riders, not just average experts out of their depth. It may not have been perfect for many riders but the organisers tried their hardest and worked their nuts off to make the event happen so they deserve praise not whining as it wasn't just them sticking the flags in.

I think it was a good event to mix the series up with different types of venues and it did sort the men from the boys!

Well done Mick, Whitley club and everyone else who put the event on, I enjoyed watching it!

• Like 4

Yes Hook Woods either lap 1 or 2. A fantastic ride by a master and I found it stunning to watch in the flesh.

But, he does seem to pause for a second or two several times on the way up when he changes direction.