Tyres

colin44

Vast between the old Dunlops and IMO the new Dunlops still don't hit the spot.

If there old change them anyway .However if you're just playing or riding easish stuff I wouldn'.t rush. 

If the rear wheel has a Morad rim with the spokes on a flange (methinks 2011 beta onwards) rather than through the rim, I'd only fit a Michelin.

There seems to be issues with other brands sealing and gripping these rims, particularly IRC's and some Dunlops.

They'll seal ok when fitted but tend to deflate on impact with steps, rocks, logs etc.

There's a few posts scattered about regarding this and I've noticed Trials UK has stopped selling IRC's recently (before they stopped they did have a warning on their site about them)

Edited by goudrons

I tested a new type IRC last week. Supposedly sorted the deflation issue.

Actually it was worse than the older versions and they were bad.

It went from 4 psi to 0 psi in 5 sections on hardly any rocks and half a mile. I carried a pump for the rest of the day and pumped it up after 3 or 4 sections all day.

Michelin, I've recently tried out the Vee alternative and whilst the block compound is soft; the side-wall structure is too rigid. Also, it was a complete and utter b45t4rd to seat. I am currently running it with 0psi just to 'soften it up'.

for me mich front irc rear on both ty175 and 4rt no issues but my mont is an 05

You'll not get this impact deflation with IRC's on a DID flanged rim, it just seems to be limited to Morads flanged version.

Shame, as I do like the IRC and have a new one sitting here, but it deflates within minutes of riding on it!

Edited by goudrons
  • Like 2

Used Dunlops for last 11 years. They are probably the best tyre for NOT coming off the rim. The new 803gp is a big improvement on the std 803 and they're not much more expensive.

Can't comment on IRC. I found michelins punctured too easily and then fell off the rim straight away, but I'd put that down to not suiting my riding style.

You probably cant go wrong with either. The tyre is far more capeable than most riders

• Like 1