2016 Montesa Rr 300

montesarepsol777

This is a long known fact that the 4T are considerable heavier than 2T, but one thing is speciefic high-grade "RR" marketed model, other is "average joe" (regular) model. There's not a considerable difference there so I think they've gotten this "RR" marking a bit wrong here. But hey, we should all know this by now: modern marketing is all smart bollo*ks anyway and we passionate bikers tend to pay for those nice badges and markings on our beloved bikes and brands :)

Will not get a disagreement from me that one would expect something with the RR marketing to have a larger gap in weight than they do.   :facepalm:

Even with that I will take the 1-2 kg drop over the standard 4RT, the larger CC's and other upgraded bits and wish I had or could get an RR right now.   :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

After first being told that the 300RR's probably were sold out, I got the good news that my dealer managed to get one after all. Nice!

Your lucky day. I have had mine for a couple months. Rode 1st trials with it last weekend. Love it. You must be in the UK with the street hardware on it. US model just come with the small head light.

IMG_4675.JPG

• Like 1

So if I wanted a 300RR in the UK, where best to find one? I'm thinking it's probably worth looking abroad, but where would be best? Belgium?

Are all European bikes the same?

Are they supplied with headlight and rear lights etc? Seat?

Are they power restricted as supplied?

And another...

Has anyone compared the fuel consumption of the 300RR with the std. 260?

I realise that for competition use it would be largely irrelevant, but I'm thinking in terms of the total tank rage and with the same tank, I suspect the 260 would get that bit further, but has anyone tried and can confirm or deny this?

So if I wanted a 300RR in the UK, where best to find one? I'm thinking it's probably worth looking abroad, but where would be best? Belgium?  I think they're all sold out in Belgium

Are all European bikes the same?

Are they supplied with headlight and rear lights etc? Seat? Lights yes, seat no in Belgium

Are they power restricted as supplied? yes, in Belgium the are.

Another couple of questions about the 300RR:-

Does it have any sort of 'case-saver' protection in front of the gearbox sprocket? No

Would an earlier saver from a 4RT fit? Yes

I wonder how the 300RR is gonna cope when it gets hot this summer.

It's only 12°C outside, and the fan already kicks in every 20 seconds.

Big radiator from H&D Racing might be a good idea?