4 Ride. New Montesa Motorcycle For 2016

guys

• 1 month later...

I got excited to see this....but then I watched it  :wall:

Is there a reason why people who go to test ride bikes at launch parties never seem to post video's of the experience? Is there some kind of embargo?

Seems many people went to ride one...maybe they don't have Youtube accounts :-)

Saw the 4ride on Hamburg motorcycle exhibition last weekend.....

Looks good, but only 8.6 horse power homologated, 7890€, no extra front pipe without catalyser included ( like on every 4RT ), cheap footpegs ( on pics where S3 rock )

There was a guy from Honda germany, he rode the bike, he was exited  ( normaly, when Honda pays you ), he said that top speed is about 90km/h, bikes is homologated with Euro3, next Year there will be some changes to get Euro 4....

• 2 weeks later...

That means, that Amos Bilbao will take part on SSDT with an 4ride, OSSA made the same with the Explorer in 2012, promotion tour.....

Great thankyou that's what I hoped it said.

Didn't realise they did the same with the explora.

?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm always amazed by bikers who dismiss any bike that doesn't suit their own particular needs, with comments like "can't see the point" or worse. Why be so negative? There's lots of bikes that don't suit me, but I don't feel the need to be so negative about them.

I think the 4Ride is a great idea. Doesn't matter if its Trials performance is compromised, that's not what it's for, even though it could give a better account of itself than a stock 4RT could at being a trail bike.

Personally, I'm very keen on the idea of something small and light and quiet and unthreatening to be able to get back into a bit of off-roading. My CRF450X is just too much for the sort of trails we have left in this country and I'm no longer interested in any form of competition. I'd just like to be able to have an amble about on something out in the countryside. If I want to go further afield I'd still need to trailer it, but I'd do that anyway rather than schlep down a motorway for 100 miles which is purgatory on any sort of off-road bike.

I also quite like it still being kick start only because hopefully that means no battery. For a bike that won't be used every day, that's a big plus IMO.

However, a couple of things occur to me about the 4Ride:-

The gear ratio changes seem totally bizarre to me. The marketing blurb talks about a and#39;wider' gearbox, better suited to longer distances, but in fact the 4Ride apparently has a closer ratio box than the 4RT with top being the exact same which rather makes a lie of both the points being made. Seems to me that for more on-road use you want a wider ratio box with a higher first and even higher top. You really wouldn't need first to be as low as on the 4RT, but you would want a much higher top to enable somewhat more relaxed cruising on the road, even if you have to select 4th to gain max. speed. But although they have raised first to be the same as the 4RT's 2nd, they just close them all up and you still need to rev the nuts off it when trying to cruise in top. The one English review I read on the 4Ride made this exact complaint and I'm not surprised.

Seems to me they should have instead simply raised the overall gearing. Much cheaper and I can't see how that wouldn't actually have resulted in better ratios for the 4Ride's intended purpose.

The other point that I can't help wondering about, is how easy might it be to convert my 4RT into a 4Ride?

Certainly I think the gear ratios could be better, but in fact I don't need lights - this would be for daylight only and I think that's still possible in the UK. So it really just comes down to tank, seat and rear mudguard/light assembly. I actually think I'd prefer a slightly lower seat for easier foot down control, but I do like the idea of the storage locker under the seat of the 4Ride. I actually have the HM tank extender and seat for my 4RT, but not tried it yet. However, the combined capacity is still less than the new 4Ride tank.

Anone else thinking about converting their 4RT to something like the 4Ride?

The frame maybe the same as on the 4RT, Forks and rear shock is different.....

If you want to by all parts from Honda, an complete 4ride will be the cheaper way....

(OSSA deliveres a Kit to change the trials bike into an explorer... )

For 2016 the seat will be about 2cm higher to get Euro4-homologation, I hope they will also change the gearing to make the bike faster on the road,,,,

Here are two pics from a 4ride without seat ( not mine, a friends bike who is actually in italy for testing it...)  

post-11946-0-88116400-1459168024_thumb.jpg

post-11946-0-08153000-1459168037_thumb.jpg