Ossa Future

jagman_swe

OSSA factory

“We want to communicate to our customers, importers, suppliers and friends to announce our determination to continue working to offer the best product and service possible with our brand OSSA. With this small release, we want to clarify a few points about the current situation and the near future of OSSA:

1: OSSA was heavily damaged by the Gas Gas bankruptcy through last year. OSSA has always been a distinct companies of GAS GAS, many OSSA services were integrated into the structure Gas Gas, and the process by which happened Gas Gas has paralyzed the activity of OSSA.

Today and until the Gas Gas bankruptcy process is complete (it still is not closed), OSSA do not recover their freedom to freely and independently manage their operations. Fortunately, this will happen in the coming weeks will allow us to leave.

2: We want to thank our customers, importers, suppliers and friends for their patience and trust during these difficult months.

3: We are currently working to offer new and innovative products for 2016, we are confident that they will return to seduce our customers

Soon we will give more information about the OSSA immediate future on our web www.ossamotor.es . We also want to remember that any information that may appear on OSSA by means other than our official channels should be considered unreliable.

Greetings and thank you for your confidence,”

OSSA Factory team.

• Like 2

Good to know there's some serious hope. I hope they pull it through.

OSSA has a small but a very passionate following. They sure have a client base and people interested in their bike, personally I might be in the lookout for a brand new 2016/2017 Factory R actually if it comes.

I think they could fill in a niche in trials market, smaller scale but a higher-tec R&D and production to push on the trials technology envelope and think outside the box. Also beneficial for other producers to copy their innovative ideas (i.e. Vertigo 2-smokers also have EFI now, and others starting to use the exhaust as a rear subframe etc).

Well, if it was me, i would read through this forum and see the audience the bike has!

I looked at the OSSA Es website and saw the statement, who knows? would be good if the phoenix rises...

We prob have more Ossa's than Nige Birkett!!

I would not ride another marque. 

Ian

I sure hope they do start producing again. (I know a certain person will say that they will never be back and they are crap)

We will see! But I certainly hope so.

I'm over 255 hours now- only twice setting the TPS and it runs great all the time. How can you not like that?

I've never had any carbureted bike that good (even smart Carb).

I'll be hoping!

Mark

Thanks for translating Michael!

Well hope the GasGas story was the real reason for no info and not just an excuse...

We are all interested to follow the progress  and at least we Ossa owners or fans keep our fingers crossed that they get back running.

However seems to late to get a real share of the 2016 market even though GasGas and TRS are late in deliveries. How is Vertigo?

/TJ

• Like 1

Good to know there's some serious hope. I hope they pull it through.

OSSA has a small but a very passionate following. They sure have a client base and people interested in their bike, personally I might be in the lookout for a brand new 2016/2017 Factory R actually if it comes.

I think they could fill in a niche in trials market, smaller scale but a higher-tec R&D and production to push on the trials technology envelope and think outside the box. Also beneficial for other producers to copy their innovative ideas (i.e. Vertigo 2-smokers also have EFI now, and others starting to use the exhaust as a rear subframe etc).

scorpa used the exhaust as a sub frame in 2006

Makes sense since it's so simple and elegant way to save weight and sure some engineer must have that idea already in the past.

Britten V1000 from early 1990s is a good way for engineers to approach the frame design - a motorcycle doesn't actually need a frame when designed correctly - crancase, fuel tank and exhaust all can do this function.

OSSA also uses a lightweight aluminium fuel tank as part of the main frame superstructure (and also the radiator is protected from dirt and rocks behind it), I wonder if anybody else does this smart design trick on a trials bike? I know Sherco is using it as a part of the rear frame support.