Ossa Future

jagman_swe

Ossa is currently up for sale for 3.5 million euros. If they dont get a taker will they consider splitting it up and selling it all off separately. 

All fellow Ossa owners join me in checking down the back of your sofas now.

• Like 1

How do they get a valuation ? If it is broken up what would they sell ?

A bit of stock and some special tooling will not add up to much, if they had 20 years of back catalogue then perhaps there would be something to be had but they were only around for a couple of years and how many bikes were actually made and sold ? I just do not see a multi million Euro business here do you ?

How do they get a valuation ? If it is broken up what would they sell ?

A bit of stock and some special tooling will not add up to much, if they had 20 years of back catalogue then perhaps there would be something to be had but they were only around for a couple of years and how many bikes were actually made and sold ? I just do not see a multi million Euro business here do you ?

I doubt they even had tooling.......

Well is it official? Nowhere to find info... Prolly the Ossa boss who told James to post here to get our professional factory valuation...  :chairfall:

However 3.5M€  seems a bit high unless they had a up and running factory in own non-hired quarters and loads of spares and ready to go bikes.

Otherwise it would prolly take about 2000???? bikes to earn that kind of money unless they've got 1000 stowed in a barn somewhere...

1M€ sounds a more realistic figure.... Just wild guesses all the way... :blush: We'll soon find out... :popcorn:

I cannot understand why anyone would pay anything like 3.5 million for Ossa or why Torrot paid so much for GG. DL and JT have done the wise thing, weighed up the faults and good bits of the competition then designed new models

• Like 1

Along with name, a supurb design that has been developed and now working very, very well.

Certainly a fully developed design is worth quite a lot.

Not to mention spares 'in th system' already.

Plus many don't ven know that it went down.

I certainly wouldn't presume to know what tooling, parts, bikes etc they still have.

To be successful I certainly think they need a bunch more $$$ to do marketing, supply etc.

Hope it happens.

Mark

Along with name, a supurb design that has been developed and now working very, very well.

Certainly a fully developed design is worth quite a lot.

Not to mention spares 'in th system' already.

Plus many don't ven know that it went down.

I certainly wouldn't presume to know what tooling, parts, bikes etc they still have.

To be successful I certainly think they need a bunch more $$$ to do marketing, supply etc.

Hope it happens.

Mark

If it was a superb design and worked well ( the inference is better than others) why didnt it sell more?

Spares in the "system"? Who has commissioned parts to be made in the last year?

Are you catalan or a friend of Joan Gurt? They need a bunch more $$$$?

I already said many reasons why sales were low that had nothing to do with the bike.

I also don't know the figures of unsold bikes vers bikes produced.

Dealers still have spares.

Out of the 150+ bikes I've owned over the years, it is at least as well made as anything I've ever had.

Of course, that is just my observation from my experience- I don't claim to have the inside scoop on all the factories and know about all the bikes I've never owned or worked on.

I already said many reasons why sales were low that had nothing to do with the bike.

I also don't know the figures of unsold bikes vers bikes produced.

Dealers still have spares.

Out of the 150+ bikes I've owned over the years, it is at least as well made as anything I've ever had.

Of course, that is just my observation from my experience- I don't claim to have the inside scoop on all the factories and know about all the bikes I've never owned or worked on.

Maybe it was too radical for most Trials riders & they voted with their feet, sticking to a more conventional type of bike like GG or Beta

So it didn't sell as well as hoped & ran out of steam

Edited by johnnyboxer

As has been said on other threads, are there not now too many choices ?

Once the new TRS and Vertigo bikes come on line and GasGas is reborn can you see a space in the market for the Ossa ?

It was around for a couple of years and down here in the South East you could count on one hand the number of riders on them, now that the competition has gone up a notch I really do not see them coming back.

What value is there in the name Ossa ? I would rather try a bike designed by Jordi or Dougie or maybe just stick with the tried and well tested Gasser ! ( not been made for this year but the team still took the Northern and Southern British Experts Titles.