Ossa Future

jagman_swe

It seems to be a collaboration with design company Trilix

I read about it a few days ago on another internet trial page but I can't find it anymore.

They already announced the new Derby trial bikes back in 2013, just Google "derbi trilix trial" and you should find the article from 2013.

I have seen it before somewhere yes. Thanks for the info.

I used to have a moped, way fun good memories.

post-19159-0-47574600-1452434801_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Derbi sure was, (and still is) a big company.

I've just read in 'Spanish Trial Bikes' that it was the intention that Derbi would save Bultaco from bankruptcy, by means of a takeover in the early 80's.

Derbi sure was, (and still is) a big company.

I've just read in and#39;Spanish Trial Bikes' that it was the intention that Derbi would save Bultaco from bankruptcy, by means of a takeover in the early 80's.

Today , Derbi motorcycles doesnt exist. It isnt a company.  The Spanish factory closed . All but a few of the workers were made redundant. The heart and soul is gone .It is simply a sales department and a few marketing geeks in the Italian HQ of Piaggio , unfortunately nothing more . I doubt Piaggio bought or hired 1 square foot of factory / office when they bought the brand . To me thats not a company . Interesting about the Bultaco connection .

Suzuki and BMW also has ideas of taking over Bultaco, so there was plenty of competition

• Like 1

Ossa is currently up for sale for 3.5 million euros. If they dont get a taker will they consider splitting it up and selling it all off separately. 

A good starting point for company valuation is a price equal to annual turnover, or 10 x annual profit. You'll then move upwards or downwards based upon the market sector and the company position.

This being trials (a small & overcrowded market) & Ossa (a company with recent financial difficulty) you'd want to be much more conservative than a multiple of ten on annual profit. That aside, at an earnings ratio of ten, this valuation would suggest Ossa is a going concern with annual profits of €350k, or ongoing annual sales of €3.5M (about 6-700 bikes per annum).

From what I can see, the company currently has no income stream and ten times nothing is nothing.

• Like 1

An interesting take Neil. Unfortunately there little to no chance of Ossa returning.They're good bikes, very innovative , but they did have reliability problems and they spent cash like Emelda Marcos. The business plan made no sense at all - none .It was an udder to milk the grant system.... that's all. The current Spanish Princess is up in court for a similar grant swindle. Other Mc companies down there are also at it.

The OSSA guys are loyal , and i guess the troubles they had bound them closer together.Sadly id recommend that Ossa guys gather together the fancy electric injector gear bits just in case.

We'll see Ossa again in another 40 years time when someone wants to rekindle the marque again. I hope some billionaire comes and snaps it up. ... but let's face it. .. it ain't going to happen.... because there is no money in Trial unless you have the market

Edited by gasgas249uk
  • Like 1

I see your way in finance thinking neil, however Im not sure if it works for this kind of niche markets.

And as always in investing its interpretation and there are always ways to make its seem profitable, but sometimes common logic will help more...

Edited by crazybond700

• 2 weeks later...

Great bike got one my self,did have a few starting problems but once the tps was reset it was fine the tech forks are good ,never had and thing break .Make sure the kick start lever bolts dont come loose and enjoy the bike shame they never got chance to make a 2015 factory rep.

Great bike got one my self,did have a few starting problems but once the tps was reset it was fine the tech forks are good ,never had and thing break .Make sure the kick start lever bolts dont come loose and enjoy the bike shame they never got chance to make a 2015 factory rep.

Factory R is my dream bike too, just wish I could afford one. If they ever did release 2015 f-R I guess the differences would be very minor over '14. So I reckon 2014 is as close to an excellent trials bike as it gets even today.