Ossa Future

jagman_swe

There had been no news of Ossa in the recent GasGas new future headlines. It maybe that Ossa has fallen by the wayside ...or it may be that Ossa is all part of the package to the new buyers .

Joan Roma the joint Ossa boss was happy that i take these photos of the 2016 Ossa prototype. I visited the seperate R and D department by chance literally on the last day of its operation. The last mechanic there named Paco Roldan had already been offered a job with TRS and he showed me around , shutting the doors after for the last time . There was noone else working there. There was lots of other stuff present including Ossa's for sale including a green Magnesium framed bike . Ive been told by a few people since the mag frames bikes could snap under heavy use.

The price was pretty reasonable ---- i'll regret not buying it 

IMG_2550_zpslofjkesr.jpgIMG_2530_zpsgi2aw2hg.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing GG. Looks like any Ossa but with yellow paint ;-) 

Rear shock looks non-Öhlins though.

And about light Ossas they had a JJM Ossa at the TDN in Andorra 2014. 55kg...

Well wrong decade unless you start collecting rare catalan 201x bikes.

/TJ

Well i still think its more advanced then the Vertigo....

If electric water pump it would have the full hand!

Shame i didn't win the euro millions as i would fire them back up! 

I've had every bike made over the years, and i would say the Ossa is the best one ive ever rode.... (in my opinion)

Que the na sayers.......

Ian

Edited by imexian
  • Like 3

Hmm never click around before posting :-(

Well ric, gg; better check around with club mate (Swedish dealer) and via him Nordic dealer Joa Hindren (ex WCH top 15

).

They've worked up Ossa into a strong market pos in the Nordic countries (2 Ossas in Norwegian  TDN team etc). Our (Swedens) most promising youth rider has been riding a factory special 125 this year so we are more people showing interest in the Ossa future.

/TJ

I'm hopeful someone will get them going again.

Very innovative and I thought build quality was at least as good or better than the KTMs I've owned.

I did buy some parts, just in case- and Adrian bought a fair amount of spares.

So I figure I can keep,it going a long time reguardless

With so many new brands with new ideas the chances of them getting going again are very very slim to no way.

I cant imagine the sweedish market being the saviour of any brand, even if bikes were available to buy.

Top trial gave up on the team as soon as the money ran out?

Edited by nigel dabster

If they had any money why go to gas gas in the first place? It may be a dream but where is the money going to come from to set up, again?

they had a factory it went

they had a truck it went

they had fajardo and colomer and others they went

The common theme here is no sales =no money

Well we'll soon(er or later) find out if they can make it back or if it's just empty words to keep future and old customers calm before they give up for real. However as I posted earlier the rumuor was that they were putting up a production line in a new factory. A decent goal would be to beat GasGas (Parrot) in delivering the first batch of 2016 models (well prolly 2015s with new paint (Ossas) or new decals (GasGas)) ;-). (well and maybe some detailimprovements).