Scott Trial

johnnyboxer

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's never ridden it before. He doesn't know where he is. He doesn't know how long it is. (Neither do we for that matter) Finally it's a TRIAL, there's 76 sections & at least 76 bits that are far rougher than the sections. (The more you put your feet down the more knackered you get) Good luck to him but I bet Grimbo or Dabill go passed me up the finish field before him.

What I want to know is that if Grimbo wins again this year will Malc Rathmell smile when he hands over the pot? That would put Grimbo on seven wins equal with Sammy Miller but probably more importantly one in front of the father in law.

iam sorry perce but i totally agree with johnnyboxer unless he has problems then david knight shud set standard time by a mile.are you forgetting that he is the enduro world champion&to go with it a very good trials rider?jarvis may be fast but hes not in the same league!

Edited by Nickerlias

How similar to a trials bike is an enduro bike?

Look quite different to me they sit down and rest on them for a start.

I reckon at least 6 trials riders will be faster than Knight probably more

Phillipson, Jarvis, Dabbill, Sunt, Aldridge and Amos  :D

Yes, but as Nickerlias said, Knight is a very, very good trials rider (British champ expert level), rides a lot of trials in the Isle of Man and trains on a trials bike as well. In addition to being world champ, he's also the undisputed king of "extreme" enduros (events such as Hell's Gate and the now sadly defunct Gilles Lalay Classic are similar to the Scott in many ways with the exception of the observation aspect).

I don't think he'll win but I'd be very surprised if he doesn't set standard time.

I HAVE JUST GOT HOME FROM RIDING IN A VERY HARD SCOTT.DAVID KNIGHT GOT THE SHOCK OF HIS LIFE,WHEN HE CAUGHT ME HE LOOKED WELL KNACKERD.I HAVE FINISHED BUT I AM WORRIED I WILL BE OUT OF TIME.HERO OF THE TRIAL FOR ME WAS MARIA CONWAY AS SHE FINISHED JUST IN FRONT OF ME,WELL DONE TO HER.

Nearly 50 minutes slower than fastest man was Mr Knight. Hard mans Trial the Scott & experience counts for everything.

Maria Conway finished in time by the way, she was in tears with shear exhaustion.

Colour me surprised. Just goes to illustrate the unique nature of the Scott I guess.

One day I'll enter. One day.

Yes, but just because a rider hasn't set fastest time overall, doesn't mean he isn't actually the fastest rider out there (not saying he was as I couldn't possibly know) Any number of reasons can cause you delays in an event like that. But that's all part and parcel of it, combination of being quick and avoiding trouble. Sounds like he's killed his bike and carried it to the finish. If he rode it like his enduro bike I pity the poor thing as it won't take the punishment his KTM will. Anyone for a cheap Scorpa - ex-demo, 1 trial only...

Well done to all those who finished

How similar to a trials bike is an enduro bike?

Look quite different to me they sit down and rest on them for a start.

I reckon at least 6 trials riders will be faster than Knight probably more

Phillipson, Jarvis, Dabbill, Sunt, Aldridge and Amos  :)

There was 15 riders to go quicker than Knight.

Yes, but just because a rider hasn't set fastest time overall, doesn't mean he isn't actually the fastest rider out there (not saying he was as I couldn't possibly know) Any number of reasons can cause you delays in an event like that. But that's all part and parcel of it, combination of being quick and avoiding trouble. Sounds like he's killed his bike and carried it to the finish. If he rode it like his enduro bike I pity the poor thing as it won't take the punishment his KTM will. Anyone for a cheap Scorpa - ex-demo, 1 trial only...

Well done to all those who finished

David Knight's ride proves that the crash & bash method doesn't work, his bike was buggered at the finish. Jarvis once again proved he's the man by stuffing the opposition, 13 on time & a mere 16 on observation, that's half the score of his nearest rival. He's now equal with Sammy Millers record of seven wins, roll on next year.