Anyone Save Jim Snell Repair Videos? No Longer Viewable.

mbeers6

With the new ownership of Gas Gas all the Rising Sun Imports/ Jim Snell technical videos have been taken down from youtube. If you try to view them now you will receive a message that says the video is private.

Did anyone happen to save the videos in a format they could email or put on a disc? I'm kicking myself for not saving some of the engine repair videos earlier.

UPDATE : I was told there would be an international press release about all of this mostly likely next week. Let's see what they say!

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by mbeers6
  • Like 1

I have a DVD that came with my 07 that covers most repairs. I can upload to youtube if someone else has not already.

This is exactly what Jim just wrote back to me. Saying that a DVD came with each bike in early 2000's.  

Edited by mbeers6

I`m not in the loop. The new owners or whatever just screwed the pooch. Jim has helped more Gas Gas riders world wide more than any single person. His website contained more info than anyone else even combining all others. He also had one of the best inventory of parts. Hope this gets worked out soon for the sake of Gas Gas owners. I see a TRS in my future. Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

My all forseeeing eye made me save a lot of videos (for personal use). But I cannot upload them or something because we might get problems with rights and stuff.

However I did not save them all i think.

Edited by crazybond700

My all forseeeing eye made me save a lot of videos (for personal use). But I cannot upload them or something because we might get problems with rights and stuff.

However I did not save them all i think.

Yes there could be copyright issues however if Rising Sun Imports created the videos they would have the rights unless it assigned them to Gas Gas.  I'm sure Torrot obtained all intellectual property rights owned by Gas Gas in the purchase. 

Let's hope the outcome of this international conference is that the videos are offered up again freely.  

I`m not in the loop. The new owners or whatever just screwed the pooch. Jim has helped more Gas Gas riders world wide more than any single person. His website contained more info than anyone else even combining all others. He also had one of the best inventory of parts. Hope this gets worked out soon for the sake of Gas Gas owners. I see a TRS in my future. Thanks Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes bad move on GasGas's part way to much info in that brain.

But it mite be a deal he has with TRS ?

So we wait yet again for info

Yes there could be copyright issues however if Rising Sun Imports created the videos they would have the rights unless it assigned them to Gas Gas.  I'm sure Torrot obtained all intellectual property rights owned by Gas Gas in the purchase. 

Let's hope the outcome of this international conference is that the videos are offered up again freely.  

Yeah but Jim is probably the owner of the video's and he is not involved in GG anymore (as it seems).