B.v.m Test Day

physco

.. i am doing a test and photos so i will keep my personal thoughts for the mo... but it isn't what everyone expects!!

What was evident was that there isn't such a thing as a bad bike... just ones you do or don't prefere. Out of the 5 of us that went in my car we all had different opinions come the end of the day.

Did the Sherco 2.9 feel as light as your Gas Gas?

BVM test day was brilliant, 300 Gas Gas scared me almost as much as the cliff Grimbo was riding up. And down!

Thanks to BVM for putting on such a good day, I checked out the photos and I could find a picture of me on nine different bikes.

I have to admit the bike which impressed me the most was the 270 Rev3, it seemed like the throttle was connected directly to the rear tyre.

We got there early and stayed there all day, really wanted to try as many bikes as possible. Managed to go on Scorpa125-250-250Jap. Beta 200-270. Sherco 290 Gas Gas 250-300 & Montesa 4rt (Not in that order)

The picture here is the Scorpa Jap, felt too powerful for me but the rear suspension seemed better than my '05.

Typical isn't it, I tried all those machines and the only one I dropped was the baby Scorpa 125 and the footrest gouged a big chunk out of my shin.

A really good day out (apart from the blood) thanks again to BVM for running the day.

Brilliant pictures R2W

Suprised Grimbo was demoing an 05. Was it one of the BVM test bikes or one of his own?

Strange he is not riding an 06 yet, or even a 4T in preparation for Scotland?

Worth the price of admission and more besides to see that kind of a riding display.

The only cheating I was aware of, was one young man who had the Scorpa 250 when it was my pals turn, he bought it back when the hooter sounded, when my friend confronted him about taking his turn, the lad said "tough" and walked away.

I managed to get a good number of rides by taking the bike with the least wait and as soon as I got back going straight back in to get another ticket for the next.

I found this was the best way last year after I had waited 2 1/2 hours for a go on a 4rt when I could have been riding other bikes.

Here's another of Jarvis.

Brilliant pictures R2W

Suprised Grimbo was demoing an 05. Was it one of the BVM test bikes or one of his own?

Strange he is not riding an 06 yet, or even a 4T in preparation for Scotland?

Worth the price of admission and more besides to see that kind of a riding display.

There is a shortage of the 290's at the moment so he was using his Scott bike for the demo, note excell front rim. The only 290's were the bike he had used at the Peak, and I guess all the others have gone to dealers for customers, makes sense?

Did they ever find the Montesa's that got nicked from Sandifords?

I can expect an impartial judgement call by R2 and whatever he says, must be taken as absolutely the best bike!

So with a drum roll to make everyone hang in suspense, the winner is