New Bike

taff_d

9 hours ago, bbk said:

what about the vertigo they have  a RR also 

Have any of you ridden both TRS and Vertigo what did you think?

I have the 2016 trs 300 and i tried the 2016 vertigo combat camo 300. Both are extremely smooth, i went for the trs as i hate steel frames and i heard quite a lot of things where going wrong with the vertigo at the start but i know they have the problems sorted out now.  I prefer the TRS as its easier to maintain just as well made and i preferred the way its old school technology i found the vertigo is to advance in terms of being high tech , both bikes grip extremely well. Either bike is a good choice it really all depends, you need to ride them both to see which one is right for you, in my opinion.

From an environmental point of view we should all have efi or do something to prevent carbs leaking fuel. I'm not so concerned about what comes out of the exhaust. 

On an efi system the fuel is effectively sealed to prevent spill if a one way breather is fitted to the fuel cap. On a carb system the bike spills fuel when it gets passed a certain angle of lean in any direction. Keihin / Mikuni much worse than dellorto in this respect.

EFI is the future, no point in standing still we must embrace modern technology. 

I reckon the reason most manufacturers have not gone the EFI route is the extra cost on the bike, I've not been in trials that long but one thing i've learnt is that the modern day trials rider is a tight a***d b%&£$@d ................ OW MUCH !!!!

38 minutes ago, taff_d said:

EFI is the future, no point in standing still we must embrace modern technology. 

I reckon the reason most manufacturers have not gone the EFI route is the extra cost on the bike, I've not been in trials that long but one thing i've learnt is that the modern day trials rider is a tight a***d b%&£$@d ................ OW MUCH !!!!

Efi at the low revs which us clubman ride is the difficulty which has not been completely solved, hence why trs and gg and beta  sherco all persist with carbs?

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

From an environmental point of view we should all have efi or do something to prevent carbs leaking fuel. I'm not so concerned about what comes out of the exhaust. 

On an efi system the fuel is effectively sealed to prevent spill if a one way breather is fitted to the fuel cap. On a carb system the bike spills fuel when it gets passed a certain angle of lean in any direction. Keihin / Mikuni much worse than dellorto in this respect.

Sorry glen but dont get the reasoning here at all? Surely a bit of fuel evapourates soon enough but emmissions are coming out all day long?

1 hour ago, baldilocks said:

How difficult would it be to fit a catch tank if that's the only (non) issue with carbs. 

1 hour ago, nigel dabster said:

Efi at the low revs which us clubman ride is the difficulty which has not been completely solved, hence why trs and gg and beta  sherco all persist with carbs?

The fueling at low rev on my Ossa was spot on ! Had starting issues but that was the spark rather than the fuel and it had the weakest gearbox known to man ?

2 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

What hasn't been solved exactly? 

The Vertigo's I tested and the new Ice Hell I purchased, run extremely well at low revs. In fact I would argue that due to the EFI and the accurate levels of fuels usage when compared to throttle position/gear etc, that EFI at lower revs runs much cleaner/smoother; for me it certainly does in comparison to the 2016 Evo factory I traded in.

5 hours ago, taff_d said:

I reckon the reason most manufacturers have not gone the EFI route is the extra cost on the bike, I've not been in trials that long but one thing i've learnt is that the modern day trials rider is a tight a***d b%&£$@d ................ OW MUCH 

You're wrong there Taff - we've always been that way?

• Like 1