Vintage Twinshock Arena Trials

motosinge83

Here's a couple of monopics from Ascot, pretty sure it is 1983, have loads of colour too, will have to have a sort out.

The first is Nicky England and I am pretty sure the second is Scarlett.

By the way, from bitter experience I have the copywrite to these photo's.

post-1273-1133083602.jpg

post-1273-1133083749.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

quote:Lovely pic. Excuse my ignorance, what bike is that please?

It looks like an Anmstrong 310 or 320 (I could be wrong)to me, with a youthfull looking Mr Saunders aboard!

I still have a pair of alpinestars like that, in perfectly usable condition (they don't make em like they used too, moan...grumble...)

Edited by monty-python

Found a few more negs of the Ascot event, took mono during practice and colour during event, cant find the colour yet!. During practice it was found that most sections were pretty much impossible so were eased for the event itself!

First 2 are John Lampkin, Fantic 300.

post-1273-1134318364.jpg

post-1273-1134318386.jpg

How many years did John Reynolds wear that yellow PJ1 helmet for? he wore it for every kickstart, and most events in the early 80's late 70's. All these posts on cleaning helmets I sugest we ask JR he must be the helmet cleaning king. (I await all the pics of JR not wearing the helmet in that period!!!!!)

Here's a couple of monopics from Ascot, pretty sure it is 1983, have loads of colour too, will have to have a sort out.

The first is Nicky England and I am pretty sure the second is Scarlett.

By the way, from bitter experience I have the copywrite to these photo's.

post-218-1135157214.jpg

Been looking at this photo and wondering how he held it. I would expect to come out of that skip on the back wheel these days (if not on my ar5e).

He looks like he's already dropped the front wheel below the level of the skip? And he looks like his weight's further forward than you'd expect.

Might be one of those spot the ball type photo's where you'd never imagine they were in that position at any time to get to where they were going.

Anyone explain? Looks like he would go over the bars from that position?

Edited by bikespace