Gas Gas factory bike detail

drca

23 hours ago, jimmyl said:

Evidently we invented football but will see later where that gets us too :D:lol::crying::camgavhl:???

I think last night was a bit Honda HRC and also a bit CZ with some Oset, bantam, tiger cub and MZ thrown in and a Vertigo just after the restart for extra time (couldn't get started ) :D:D

Edited by jimmyl
spelling

6 hours ago, nigel dabster said:

how long is that?

The moment an electric bike cleans a section that a combustion engine bike cant. Possibly sooner rather than later

Torrot buying gasgas is a sign of the times. 

Edited by faussy

why didnt you become a politician @oni nou cos you sure havnt answered f all.

This is what i cant stand oh electric bikes this electric bikes that, yes but when? near future, what in relation to the history of time say 3000 years? is that the distant future?

My point is people are happy with internal combustion engines and riding a long lap road trial or even 4 laps of a pocket hanky course but electric bikes cost (or will) cost a fair bit more and wont last the distance with the battery which needs charging and cant be poured out of a can.

the switch aint happening anytime soon. soon as in 10 years.

Turkeys voting for christmas imho.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oni nou said:

Torrot ? Sign of the times ? Electric bike ? I think that some people have not yet  realised why Torrot[An established producer of electric motor bikes] bought GasGas; even though they have already produced Trials bike styled production units and entered a serious well engineered gearboxed prototype bike in last years E bike class in the WTC; that they have stated will become a short production run very soon [ a thing that will happen at a time that is closer to right now than one that is in the distant future] 

Enlighten us why have torrot bought gas gas?

17 hours ago, oni nou said:

Stop what?            A. the continued development of Honda's 4RT motor

How long is that?    A. its impossible to Know exactly how long that will be but with there already being a E bike Class as a part of the WTC and there are three manufacturers of full size electric trials bikes[yes.... at the moment they produce very small numbers] and with the general consensus that all vehicles in the future will be electric or hybrid[surely you have heard about this]  and no doubt with the access to the country side by vehicles that pollute being the focus of environmental studies behind the scenes etc etc etc etc etc etc

3 manufacturers? producing bikes? where can i test and ride these manuafacturers small production runs?

Anyone seen the video tour of Casales Vertigo. They have tiny in line radiators in the hoses, Dougie calls them an intercooler.

Just a thought to make bikes more suitable for the longer trials could the FIM specify a minimum coolant capacity ? Much more useful than a minimum weight as it should aid reliability?

Edited by baldilocks

On 05/07/2018 at 4:47 PM, oni nou said:

Why you swearing, I'm not swearing,Every time some one mentions electric bike you get in a bit of a tizz  is that because you know they are coming .......and its sooner rather than later.

For the record I am not pro Electric motors and have no interest in saving the planet or having good air quality and clearly many others feel the same   but those that do have children should be supporting the arrival of the electric motor for the sake of their respiratory tracts and general good health.....anyone that has or does suffer from bronchitis or asthma will know about that.

This should up your blood pressure @nigel dabster https://youtu.be/TcwjLkRKoRQ .........and its completely silent ...not a whisper.

as i regularily go to the south circular as one of my children lives close by I dont need a lecture from you, and doubt that the change from every trial bike in the country to electric would make any difference to polution so this is clearly a spurious point from you. I cant remember ever seeing a trials bike in the whole of south london ever? (Not since I was last at comerfords of course)

But sure you will know the answer to that too?

Edited by nigel dabster

Get in touch with GASGAS in Spain regarding their 200 x TXE MODELS 12,500 euros ,www.mecatecno.biz 180 x Dragonfly models[98 units remaining 8,200 euros + IVA] in Spain or Inch perfect in the UK to test the E Motion which as you well know has been around for a few years There is a Czech based company  that made a full size trials bike aswell called Kuberg you may like to try them.  

apologies I must admit I forgot the Gas Gas was for sale at 12500 euros, has a single one been sold in this country? didnt the meccatechno importer stop "importing" bikes to the uk cos they didnt sell?

there is a czech company is there? shame we dont knoe f all about them either.

Torrot  Group  bought GasGas because the GasGas Brand is very well established and known world wide for excellence in its products....they are positioning themselves in the market of trials and enduro so that when the change to electric powered bikes comes they already have a loyal customer base worldwide in those markets [the average yearly production numbers of these types of bikes must suit their business model and they bought a ready made  facility such as the GasGas Factory in order to produce...... in the meantime they can help keep that factory facility up and running with the production and sale of ICE bikes keeping the GasGas brand alive so that they are in a position to change from ICE  when they start  production of Electric motored bikes[when governments ban ICE's in leisure vehicles] and having the advantage that those units appear under the already proven trusted GasGas brand that is well established within the offroad market [The electric motor being their preferred output as they are interested as a company in helping to keep the environment healthy]  

The first Electric trials model off  the  GasGas production lines is going to be called the 'Dabster' special edition according to my source.

when they ban ice? when precisly would that be?

When the change to electric bikes? when exactly would that be?

FYI

From the FIM Technical regulations

The use of ballast to stay over the minimum weight is forbidden. The term "ballast"

refers to as any component, device or part, the primary function of which is to add

weight to the machine. All components, devices and parts must be firmly fixed to the

motorcycle.

On 06/07/2018 at 1:22 PM, oni nou said:

I do .....by asking people in South London to ride around on  trials bikes when you are visiting.

that answer makes no sense, i do get the impression you are not either standing by your statements or dont believe them in the first place? You clearly have no understanding of the point I was making about the South Circular.

FYI https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/04/report-links-childs-asthma-death-to-illegal-levels-of-air-pollution

Edited by nigel dabster

On 06/07/2018 at 8:24 AM, trialnick said:

FYI

From the FIM Technical regulations

The use of ballast to stay over the minimum weight is forbidden. The term "ballast"

refers to as any component, device or part, the primary function of which is to add

weight to the machine. All components, devices and parts must be firmly fixed to the

motorcycle.

well spotted @trialnick