British Trials/Scrambler/Motorcross Manufacturers ?

Prototype

Hi Guys 

Always interested to know more about older British Trials/Scrambler/Motorcross dedicated Manufacturers ?

i know below only

Greeves

DOT

Sprite

Metisse 

Armstrong

CCM 

what else you can think of .. all manufacturers are listed on below .. not sure who else was building them

https://cybermotorcycle.com/euro/britain.htm

Thanks and Regards

Edited by bsa4life

1 hour ago, bsa4life said:

Hi Guys 

Always interested to know more about older British Trials/Scrambler/Motorcross dedicated Manufacturers ?

i know below only

Greeves

DOT

Sprite

Metisse 

Armstrong

CCM 

what else you can think of .. all manufacturers are listed on below .. not sure who else was building them

https://cybermotorcycle.com/euro/britain.htm

Thanks and Regards

Cheney

Hi BSA4Life...  I think you have got to realise that nearly every early motorbike could have been used as a scrambles bike.  At the start of the 1900s there was no such thing as Tarmac, or Oil Refining.  So most of the roads were mud or gravel at best.  Even the TT could have been called a Scramble as the course was held over some very rough roads.

It all goes hand in hand..  The more Petrol gets used, the more Tar is produced at the refineries, so the more the roads get Tarmaced.   Perhaps the British supply of low-tar North Sea Oil, has led to the amount of pot-holes on our roads at present.

@Scifi 

I agreed . i have seen the some early videos . there is no doubt the Britain is the pioneers  of this sport. 

vintage bikes all have bit of character, which i fell in love with.  we are loosing that. i guess. in few years time we will be hopping on similar looking electric bikes only .. no sound no joy for me .. sorry thats my own opinion

Edited by bsa4life