Them Rack Thingys

thenewboy

To get my gasser on my bike rack i just go round the front with bike next to the rack hold the front brake on and lift the front wheel in then go round the back stand next to it wih the bike resting against my hip, hold the back wheel rim and lift that on! Bloody easy job i tell thee!on in 1 min!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get my gasser on my bike rack i just go round the front with bike next to the rack hold the front brake on and lift the front wheel in then go round the back stand next to it wih the bike resting against my hip, hold the back wheel rim and lift that on! Bloody easy job i tell thee!on in 1 min!

you dont do it at all your dad does it for you :blush:

I had a bad experience with a bike rack.

I had the bike on it and over took a gravel truck on a tight lane.

The back wheel sticking out by 1 foot hit the side of the truck and bent the bike and rack over at 45 degrees.

Twas a triffle worrying at the time :bouncy:

I simply bent it back up again and finished my journey but never used it again. :chairfall:

The back wheel sticking out by 1 foot hit the side of the truck and bent the bike and rack over at 45 degrees.

Twas a triffle worrying at the time :D

I simply bent it back up again and finished my journey but never used it again. :chairfall:

Top driving! :bouncy: always good too know your vehicles dimensions before making any manoevure :moon:

When taking my bike somewhere with my mum it always worries me I have to keep reminding her that it sticks out about 8 inches! My dad's fine though as :D and he is the one that always takes me Luckily! as I dont like it any other way lol Woman who needs em? :D:kerstsmiley:

Good point Stu here is a remastered version :thumbup:

Merry Christmas one and all :beer:

Twas a triffle worrying at the time :D

I simply bent it back up again and finished my journey but never used it again. :beer:

Top driving! :kerstsmiley: always good too know your vehicles dimensions before making any manoevure :D

Oh i knew them , i just didnt think about them :thumbup:

i got one of them racks from dave cooper,( the 4x4 one) its realy easy to use, takes up hardly any space

and is a doddle to put the bike on, my only grubble is that the exaust blows right on the back wheel and it goes all sooty :bouncy:

oh and no mums or dads needed

Edited by ladytrialer

I was given a rack by a friend of mine and find it very easy to use . It only sticks out either side as far as my wing mirrors (do they still call them that ) so as long as they fit through , my bike will aswell .

Another mate has got a trailer that he can fit 2 - bikes on , which is smallish . It only has the "A" frame and a 12" box that runs the length of the axle. The bikes sump plate sits on the box and the front wheel sits a locating place (like a rack) on the "a" frame bit. The back wheel just hangs over the back.

Its a really good design and very compact for a trailer , but dont know if its a one off , or if its widely available. It could be another idea for people not sure about getting a rack , but not having enough space to store a trailer.

Here is my design rack.

Only weighs 9 kg and the bike sits snugly in the wheel hoops and is secured to the tyre on the rear door by a leather strap.

On and off in 30 seconds.

No lights plate needed because of the unobscured lights on the vehicle.

post-775-1168166335.jpg

post-775-1168166556.jpg

post-775-1168166617.jpg

• 2 weeks later...