Vic Britain.

scorpa3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home. Was a good trial, but I was a bit out of my league. Took a few tactical fives as I no I would ended up upside down lol. I finished with one minute to spare. Saw some good rides from the MRS sherco riders. Those tree roots were savage :):)

Just got home. Was a good trial, but I was a bit out of my league. Took a few tactical fives as I no I would ended up upside down lol. I finished with one minute to spare. Saw some good rides from the MRS sherco riders. Those tree roots were savage :):)

Question is then, would you ride it again. I don't think there's a problem with the odd tactical 5 for the lower half of the entry, and I'd concede that for some organisers, they don't have the luxury of making reasonably hard sections without the odd one to give the lower end of the entry something to sweat about (a bit). With all the muddy banks and tree roots of the Vic Brittain this may be the case. Have you ridden other Novogars to compare it with?

What about you Gasserboy? Recovering from injury, not sure how you're riding, I reckon you should be under the 60 mark if you had a good ride, and under 80 for a bit of a rough one if it was reasonable?

Edited by bikespace

Blimey...wish Id gone to watch it now..looks like there were some amazing sections...glad I wasnt riding though!!...I'd have been COMPLETELY out of my league! :)

I lost count of the number of crashes I had....... and I was on foot!

It really was wet, thank goodness the Clerk of the Course came around before the first rider and eased the three sections where we were (14, 15 & 16) amd they were still hard in the conditions!

By the scores it maybe was a tad harder than novogars should be but credit to the organisation if they were easing some then they have done the best they can.

I think for a novogar Thorpey should be on one.

Yes. The success of the Novogar championship depends on what the lesser lights loose, not the 'stars'. Hopefully the genuine Clubmen riders didn't find it too tough.

From what I saw, I am fairly confident that Stratford-Upon-Avon Clubs Colmore Cup in March will be a 'tad' easier than the Vic Britain was today.

had a strange one yesterday, before i start i know its a five cos i missed the end!!

i was pushing out of a section , footed all the way from start to finish, got to the end and didnt see which side of the ends card to go, i looked at the observer who said "straight up here" and pointed to the ground , so i rode where he pointed. he got my card and marked a 5, i said why and he said , you missed the ends

:):):D

i dont argue with observers, so i told him what had happened, he replied "well you missed the end so thats a 5", so slightly annoyed i carried it into the next section and 5'ved that to :) that cost me 4 places, gutted.

loved the trial, probably was abit hard for a novogar though.

Looking at the results makes me realise what a brilliant ride Dan Thorpe had.

To loose eight was amazing but when you see that included a 'five' at section 20, to have 34 cleans in such a wet muddy event was outstanding.

Well done to him and indeed to everyone who finished. You all deserve a round of applause!