Glucosamine?

sam

Thanks billy, the Sciatica should calm down now the weather changes, it kicked in again last year when the temperature dropped but now unless I am doing it no favours at work it should be okay.(If its in the leg its okay, I can live with it) I need to keep an eye on the new hip problem which came on all of a sudden after a trial a few weeks ago and plays up first thing in the morning and is okay later on in the day. Age maybe ??? Thanks again. :blink:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off thanks Billy for your time and patients.

I thought that i knew a bit about looking after myself,but you have realy pricked my mind about looking after myself,mind and body.

Where can i get the CHEK HLC, localy (Swansea) are they private and what would the cost be (approx).

Would like to say that i will buy you a pint but it's going to have to be WATER (mineral at that).

I think a 'Healthy' forum is definitely worth trialling out :blink: What you reckon Mr. Andy?

I've only just picked up on this topic having been tied up with the world championship stuff. Seriously impressed by the advice given and Billy taking the time out to provide it. If you lot want a health advice forum then I'm happy to provide.

I stopped drinking coffee for Lent to support my wife not eating chocolate. Did the six weeks or so no problems & I've tried it again over the last couple of days, discovered I no longer care for the taste. Did think it would help me loose weight as eight spoons or so of sugar a day is a fair, bit surprised to say it hasn't.

I had major problems with tennis elbow made worse from riding daily to work on a Yam FJ1100 with a stiff clutch, come the weekend even my trusty SY250's light clutch was proving to be a problem. I started taking glucosamine tablets which in conjunction with fish oil tabs relieved my aches and pains to a substantial degree. Because the pain was starting to effect my enjoyment of trials I even took the drastic step of downgrading to a 4t SY175 to which an extended clutch arm was fitted this in conjuntion with my daily dose of tablets helps me play with the bigboys on the weekends.

Coffee is a huge stressor and highly addictive in humans (animal would eat coffee beans get disrupted in their sleep and energy patterns and as such aviod it in the future, the plant contains caffine as a deterant so it can survive) bizarrely humans enjoy the disruptions it causes them and become addicted to it.

Ban coffee? WTF?

I've only just caught up on the forums having been kinda tied up and someone is saying BAN COFFEE????

This is just another example of the PC crazy world we live in. Don't do this, don't do that, don't eat this it will give you cancer, don't eat that it will give you thyroid problems etc etc etc ad infinitum. For years they've been telling us to eat oily fish because they're good for us and yesterday - Bam! Don't eat oily fish, it will give you diabetes. We've been drinking coffee for years. Why is it suddenly the outflowings from the devils bottom. Bet Jordi Tarres drank coffee during his 7 titles. Bet Dougie's scooped a cup or two himself (if it was free - disclaimer)

You only get one shot at life, live it as you want. It's too short to go fussing about - soon they'll be telling us breathing gives us cancer - and some of us will be dumb enough to believe them.

I so wish I could set Mart Lampkin loose on this topic. He'd set you lot straight for sure.

I've given up drinking coffee well almost have one once a month.Feel better for it.I've replaced it with Chinese jasmine tea one or two a day.I'm trying to give up beer for a couple of months to see how that goes but finding that harder to stop especially on a hot day.

I'm beginning to question the medical profession as no two so called experts can give us the same information. We get loads of diet advice but most of it is conflicting, it seems as scientific as religion and star signs to me.

eg the hair falling out business due to diet / caffiene.

so lets have a test shall we.......

My grandfather, bald as an egg, my dad bald as a baboons a***, me i'm a bit like an unwashed potato, some dark substances around the edges (remaining hair for me, soil for the potato). I'd call this genetic myself but i'm happy to be proved wrong.

so Billy can you send me the things I should eat / drink and the things I should avoid. I'm quite happy to photograph my head every month to chart progress and post the results on TC for everyones benefit.

Once my hairs grown back I will have to change my name of course

cheers

Billy . Have you ever read (or seen DVD) of any of Jerry Brunetti`s work "food as medicine".

I got his DVD a while ago but havent got round to watching it yet.

Anything useful in it to note.... does it follow what your saying ??