Flood Aid?

gizza5

Starving Children in Africa?

Earthquake in Pakistan?

Immediate help.......................Pay your money into an account in any Bank/Building Society to help these countries? Fly Planes full of food and clothing?

We have got big hearts us Brits????

Now I'm a Yorkshireman so where can I send a couple of Quid to help the poor sods that have lost everything in the floods?

Don't think I can, but here we are one of the richest nations in the world and we can't help our own...............spoke to somone today and he hasn't had fresh water since Saturday..............never mind our new Prime Minister visited the worst hit areas today so everything will be ok :lol:

Dosn't it make your blood boil?

Rant over, now I feel a bit better................

Not sure how much a quid is but here in the states we have people that will walk past homeless and starving men, women and children to mail their charity check to some other country whose government keeps the money and the people still starve. Maybe I am politically incorrect and a bit of a hermit but I think we should help those in our country first.

OK rant over and opinion stated.

SOMEONE IN TEWKSBURY GETS WET CARPETS AND TWO QUID FEEDS A STARVING CHILD IN AFRICA IS IT SUCH A DIFFICULT CHOICE?

You are absolutely right :rolleyes: sod the people that are suffering through a natural disaster through no fault of there own; and lets keep sending our aid abroad.

It's about choice Andrew! I and many others would prefer to help our own?? and starving children in africa is not a natural disaster!

I have been involved in sending aid to starving children in Etheopia dropping corn and equipment to find and purify water. Idea was to plant the corn to produce more..................they ate the corn and the equipment is probably still stood in the corner now.

Education is what they need along with this aid!

I think we should send in the Troops ! oops, cant do that, they are all in Iraq!

I think we should send in the Doctors ! oops, cant do that, they are all in the Taliban

I think we should send in Bottled water! oops, cant do that, the government thinks bottled water is damaging the planet so that will be banned no doubt.

I think we should send in David Cameron ! oops, cant do that, he is in Rowanda as he thinks thats more important than people in trouble in his own constituency.

and I could go on....

To answer your statement Dabster, the UK provides financial aid inline with the rest of the 'developed' international world in the magnitude of millions of UK taxpayers money. We don't have a choice in that, no they just tax us and send the money off. Where it goes and how it is spent no one knows!

Last financial year, I paid 230k in tax (including corporate tax), and I want all that money spent on looking after people in this country thank you! If I want to help people in other countries, let that be my personal choice but don't use my taxes I pay for it!

Phew!!! serious emotive subject for me :rolleyes:

I thought I was the only one who saw red at Dabsters comment.

I've been there. I've seen African politicians screw the daylights out of their citizens. I've seen AID packages sold to the starving millions so that the politicians can feather their own nests. I've seen unbelievably stupid laws passed that result in formerly productive farms lying fallow. I've watched them screw up entire countries all in the name of greed. No amount of AID is ever going to help Africa. If anything AID exacerbates the situation, resulting in a mentality where the victims think they are owed everything and western medical assistance prolongs their miserable existances and results in even more beggers.

Dabster, I've watched what was previously the worlds most sophisticated electrical grid reduced to a shambles because it was a "legacy of the colonial oppressors". HTF are these people supposed to lift themselves up when their own people are dicking them around left, right and bl%%dy centre?

I've been there and, short of the west recolonising Africa I'm f%cked if I know what to do about it.

Edited by TooFastTim

SOMEONE IN TEWKSBURY GETS WET CARPETS AND TWO QUID FEEDS A STARVING CHILD IN AFRICA IS IT SUCH A DIFFICULT CHOICE?

You tight git dabster go the extra quid and you could buy an african child,just ask madonna.

I could not agree more TooFastTim, you can throw money at Africa until the cows come home & unfortunately it will not change a thing....

Your not including your employees PAYE & NI in that are you Atom (that don't count). If your not, i'm polishing your boots next time I see you! :rolleyes: (Can't you spend some on getting the missus an ironing helper as well??)

"**** ME ATOM" - "230K in Tax" You a plumber or summit?

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned that but that subject gets right on my tits! and no, I'm not a plumber :rolleyes:

Let me guess... you sell rubber dingys and rent out water pumps and dehumidifyers. :rolleyes:

"**** ME ATOM" - "230K in Tax" You a plumber or summit?

Sorry, I shouldn't have mentioned that but that subject gets right on my tits! and no, I'm not a plumber :rolleyes:

Let me guess... you sell rubber dingys and rent out water pumps and dehumidifyers. :rolleyes:

No, but sounds like theres money in it :rolleyes:

Quote from Sky News:

"As thousands of people spend another night without running water, the Queen has said she is "shocked and deeply concerned" by the flood devastation."

C'mon then Queenie. We pay for you to live your life of luxury. Dip into your royal purse and all it's billions and chip in. I sure as hell won't be. My charity donations go solely to animal charities.

I don't give money to Africa and I won't be giving money to the flood victims in the south of england. Simple as that!

Africa I am not confident the money ever gets to the root causes. Flood victims, should have insurance.

I won't even buy the Elton John record when it comes out either.

Edited by Cota Kid